Walkie talkies and a couple kid questions...

7 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I’m confused with it stating under 17 and not under 18, 17 is also a minor.

I thought that was weird, too. I tried to get more info/details on teen-related restrictions from one of the reps via chat last year. I mostly got snark in response, and the advice to ask crew once onboard. 

My oldest is 13, and on our last cruise spent the entire time onboard with a group of friends he made.  Before sailing, I warned him that there are security cameras everywhere on the ship and if his new friends ever start screwing around or damaging things, he needed to leave immediately because otherwise our entire family could be thrown off the ship when the ship employees review the security footage.  I would recommend that you only let your children roam the ship independently after making sure they are aware of the potential consequences and you trust. them not to get into trouble.

Different cruise Iines have different policies about leaving minors onboard on port days.  Some only allow it when the parents are on ship tours so the cruise lines can reach the parents.  Others have no restrictions.  NCL used to allow this, but it is currently banned and people who would not want to travel without this service need to choose another cruise line.

Edited by kitkat343