Valiant Lady / Live / Feb 3 - 10 2024

scubagal44

21 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Happy to report that the reservation worked! They were turning away peeps who did not reserve in advance even before 10am. 

And on that note, you can get in before 10am. It appears that "opens at 10am" means that the bar/restaurant is closed until then, but you can come in before then. We arrived at about 9:45 and went straight to the beach, at that time there were still loungers under palapas available so we snagged a great spot. 

20240206_095506.jpg

20240206_100333.jpg

It looks fantastic, enjoy!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Happy to report that the reservation worked! They were turning away peeps who did not reserve in advance even before 10am. 

And on that note, you can get in before 10am. It appears that "opens at 10am" means that the bar/restaurant is closed until then, but you can come in before then. We arrived at about 9:45 and went straight to the beach, at that time there were still loungers under palapas available so we snagged a great spot. 

20240206_095506.jpg

20240206_100333.jpg

Did you email the hotel directly,  or the beach club?

11 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

Did you email the hotel directly,  or the beach club?

Well. First I emailed the hotel directly, never heard back, couldn't find an email address for the beach club so found them on Facebook and messaged them there, and the person who responded to my FB message provided an email address to use. 

So, long story short, this is the email if you need it - dbacuna [AT] curacaorenaissance.com

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Well. First I emailed the hotel directly, never heard back, couldn't find an email address for the beach club so found them on Facebook and messaged them there, and the person who responded to my FB message provided an email address to use. 

So, long story short, this is the email if you need it - dbacuna [AT] curacaorenaissance.com

Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

We have to try to be little careful, cause we have Shot for Shot on the ship at 3pm. 😆

Clearly, you're just training for Shot for Shot...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

Does it actually work? 

I can only speak for myself, but so far so good! I've felt like a million bucks every day, and usually I have a day or two of hangover symptoms. 😅 

• Like 3

Oookayyyyy, Shot for Shot was great! Don't ask me to tell you what the drinks were, cause I have no clue, but they were tasty and plentiful and it was worth the cost. It was hosted by Simon the Foodie and Katrina the Bounce, and included four different drinks that were created by one of the onboard mixologists.

Basically it was 90 minutes of drinking, laughing, and photographing our drinks. 

I would do this event again!

20240206_194256.jpg

received_1497512484362525.jpeg

received_410499971633731.jpeg

• Like 9

We had reservations for Razzle Dazzle tonight, but ended up cancelling because I just wasn't feeling it. I really, really dislike the new RD menu and mourn my old favorites, to the point that I just don't wanna go there anymore. 

Instead we did a Shake for Champagne and had pizza at the Athletic Club, which we basically had all to ourselves. Pizza and champagne is kinda our thing, if you've never had it you must do it ASAP, it's a fantastic pairing. We've been known to pair Dom Perignon with pizza delivery on more than one occasion. 🍾🥰

A little walkabout the ship later, and we're calling it an early night. Tomorrow is a sea day and I expect we'll be busy again. 

Oh! And today was also day 2 of SOR treat delivery. 

20240206_184630.jpg

20240206_174726.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, scubagal44 said:

Oookayyyyy, Shot for Shot was great! Don't ask me to tell you what the drinks were, cause I have no clue, but they were tasty and plentiful and it was worth the cost. It was hosted by Simon the Foodie and Katrina the Bounce, and included four different drinks that were created by one of the onboard mixologists.

Basically it was 90 minutes of drinking, laughing, and photographing our drinks. 

I would do this event again!

20240206_194256.jpg

received_1497512484362525.jpeg

received_410499971633731.jpeg

Awesome, I hope they offer this event on my cruise next week. Great pix, what’s the trick to make them look so cool? 

• Like 2