Changing C&A Status + Booking Onboard

So I'm going to be on Harmony in slightly under 3 days. I'm a whole 4 points from Platinum and sailing solo this round so I'll hit 30 points on Day 2, technically. I know you usually don't get new status benefits until your next cruise and since Platinum benefits aren't a big deal anyway it would be a big who cares, but Platinum also comes with Captains Club status match and it so happens I want to book a Celebrity cruise and might as well do that onboard Harmony since apparently I can. That said, the free (in-category) upgrade I'd get from matching would outweigh the onboard booking benefits for this particular cruise so if I can't status match onboard, then it's probably better to wait. Anyone know if the Next Cruise folks might let me get that status match onboard after day 2 and take advantage of both the Captains Club and onboard booking benefits if I asked nicely? I'll try regardless, but figured I'd ask because if it's a definite no without a question then the time I'd spend at the Next Cruise desk is much better spent with a BBC in Central Park. Thanks in advance for any wisdom!

10 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

So I'm going to be on Harmony in slightly under 3 days. I'm a whole 4 points from Platinum and sailing solo this round so I'll hit 30 points on Day 2, technically. I know you usually don't get new status benefits until your next cruise and since Platinum benefits aren't a big deal anyway it would be a big who cares, but Platinum also comes with Captains Club status match and it so happens I want to book a Celebrity cruise and might as well do that onboard Harmony since apparently I can. That said, the free (in-category) upgrade I'd get from matching would outweigh the onboard booking benefits for this particular cruise so if I can't status match onboard, then it's probably better to wait. Anyone know if the Next Cruise folks might let me get that status match onboard after day 2 and take advantage of both the Captains Club and onboard booking benefits if I asked nicely? I'll try regardless, but figured I'd ask because if it's a definite no without a question then the time I'd spend at the Next Cruise desk is much better spent with a BBC in Central Park. Thanks in advance for any wisdom!

Since it also involves Celebrity's status and is a much more complicated process I doubt that the next cruise agents will be able to do anything.  Even with Royal it is hit or miss as to whether they give you the higher discount.

FYI the free category upgrade in most cases is of very limited value as it is within the same supercategory.  Balcony to balcony or inside to inside.  You cannot use to to go from an inside to oceanview or OV to balcony.  The best value is going from a V# or E3 obstructed balcony to an V2 or E2.  That saves you a bit but Celebrity has their categories priced so close together sometimes it makes no difference

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The best value is going from a V# or E3 obstructed balcony to an V2 or E2.  That saves you a bit but Celebrity has their categories priced so close together sometimes it makes no difference

Yea, I was able to read up on that hence the "in-category" bit, but I just wasn't sure what to call it and seem to have chosen poorly. 😅 I can def see how it might be of little value often enough, but each time I've checked prices, the E3 to E2 I was planning on would have saved me about $400, which seemed super worth it. That said, today must have been price shuffle day because P1/2 got $200 more expensive, the obstructed E3 now costs exactly the same as the E2 with the former being $100 up and the latter $100 cheaper so best value would be E2 to E1, but that only saves ~$100. Add in that it's honestly not much of an upgrade for us as we don't care about midship or higher deck locations and Next Cruise  is looking a bit better now. I guess I'll just have to double check prices onboard and see where the chips have fallen.

And you. Aren't you on some shiny new ship or something? Go have a milkshake with booze in it! 😜🍹

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am but not paying those insane prices.  I'll use my free drinks later for some Painkillers.  The night is young.

To book on board and move to a group booking; do I need to book refundable deposit on board? 

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

To book on board and move to a group booking; do I need to book refundable deposit on board? 

You can book either refundable or non refundable on board and move it to a group and get the lower group rate.  Just realize that booking the nrd will mean that even moved into the group itcwill stay non refundable and you will have to pay the extra deposit before it can be moved into the group as groups require full deposit and do not accept thevreduced next cruise deposit 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can book either refundable or non refundable on board and move it to a group and get the lower group rate.  Just realize that booking the nrd will mean that even moved into the group itcwill stay non refundable and you will have to pay the extra deposit before it can be moved into the group as groups require full deposit and do not accept thevreduced next cruise deposit 

Do you know what the OBC for booking 7n onboard is now …is it worth it!? 

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

Do you know what the OBC for booking 7n onboard is now …is it worth it!? 

For a balcony refundable it is $75, non refundable $100.  Insides and OV are less and not worth it at you would lose the early booking bonus for the group. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 4:15 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

For a balcony refundable it is $75, non refundable $100.  Insides and OV are less and not worth it at you would lose the early booking bonus for the group. 

What are the rules please for moving an on board booking, refundable deposit, which is now with my TA please and in her group? Gotta try and protect that massive $75 obc 🤦‍♀️ lol! 

Edited by little britain

24 minutes ago, little britain said:

What are the rules please for moving an on board booking, refundable deposit, which is now with my TA please and in her group? Gotta try and protect that massive $75 obc 🤦‍♀️ lol! 

No issues, it can be moved.  The obc should be adjusted accordingly if you change the length sailing or cabin category.  

Also, if you are going from one group into another group they will have to create a new booking number. 

• Thanks 1