MAS Islander drink package information released.

pr8hd

This showed up in my email a short time ago.

MAS Islander beverage package (All inclusive) has been published:  $59 per day pp, for any/everything.  Presumably gratuities are included.. NOTE:  This is branded as the "Ultimate Package" - Other plans may or may not be forthcoming.  

I like the wristbands used on MAS Paradise.  That said, with two sea days on every sailing, this is not the worst deal afloat.  Nothing was mentioned about requiring everyone in a cabin to have the package, 15 minute time restrictions and the like.  

image.thumb.png.491a4dc9802840321195920d21952d3b.pngimage.thumb.png.e75cd3e89ad343e5884ba1c2e8a7cb3e.png

Edited by pr8hd

From the FAQ page (Ultimate Beverage Package | Margaritaville at Sea) --

• There is a 15 maximum per day for drinks, like Carnival
  • Covers beer/wine/cocktails up to $20, mocktails, soda, specialty coffees, 500ml bottled waters
  • Like all other cruise lines, everyone 21+ in a cabin has to purchase the package, except in the case of a documented medical condition

I just called and added it to my 5-night Islander cruise in September.  With gratuity added, it is $336.25 per person for a 5-night voyage.  I am not quite sure how the math works, because that seems to be only adding 12% to $59.99 x 5.  But the website FAQ says an 18% gratuity.  Hmm.

Boat drinks, here I come!

Edited by ericrz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ericrz said:

Yeah, I just found that on the MAS website.  Ignore my guesses on the previous post. 🙃

I like my boat drinks.  Mrs Pr8hd might have 2 per day.  Not worth it for us, especially when gratuities are NOT included.

Is the Blender cup included?  🤣

I'm going to guess that they are using Carnival's existing onboard software.  

Edited by pr8hd
Stuff

Blender cup not included, according to the website.  I have a Margaritaville "5 o'clock somewhere" clock beverage holder that I got at the Grand Turk M'ville a couple years ago.  If I bring it, will they fill it?  😄

I've had a drinks package on my last two cruises (one Carnival, one Royal).  I think I came out ahead financially, but even if it's close -- it's so nice to have the booze paid for in advance, and not get a big bill on the final morning.

My mom and I are taking the Islander in September, even with the two port days, we'll do our best to get our money's worth!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ericrz said:

Blender cup not included, according to the website. 

Nor are BC refills.  Note the center image in the OP.  🍸 🤣