Friends and Family Military Discount Ended

Shadieeie

The friends and family discount has ended :(

I got an email from my PVP that is was discontinued on Monday.

Glad I got my SIL booked on the Alaskan Cruise with us. :p

CCL is SCREWY!!!

Since I heard about the F&F rate coming back recently, I called on 2 or 3 occasions to see if they would apply that to our March 2007 Legend sailing (for our sons cabin). Each time they said that they could not because the "new" promotion was only for 2006...:confused:

I called CCL yesterday (Tuesday) and booked the Glory for this Christmas. They were more than happy to give the 2nd cabin the F&F rate - and we saved $265 pp (for our sons)!

So ... conflicts here:

1 > Did CCL give you the F&F rate for your 2007 Alaska cruise?

2 > They gave me the F&F rate AFTER Monday...

:confused:

Tom

We just booked a cruise with the F&F rate as well. Our best friends are military and we got their discount since we were traveling with them.

SO - you booked since Monday?

(was it one of your 2006 or 2007 cruises?)

Tom

SO - you booked since Monday?

(was it one of your 2006 or 2007 cruises?)

Tom

Yep. We booked it today. It was a cancel and rebook situation. It was for the October cruise on the Holiday.

That's weird!!!!! We just purchased cruise fares for us (DH and I), his parents (ex-military), and two others - friends of ours. Our PVP called us and told us about the great military rate - which applies to Mom and Dad, but also gave us an EXCELLENT past guest rate for the other FOUR of us!!!

I agree, CCL is screwy! :p

These offers are not well mangaed at Carnival. I will bet the bank that someone will be posting on this board next week that they got F&F for 2006 and 2007.

Most of the time I think it is just poor communication on Carnival's part and really has nothing to do with what is really truly going on. If someone told you it's not available call back in a couple days and act like you just found out - if you're lucky someone else will hook you up. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Archived