Transatlantic Caribbean

Good afternoon folks

I am thinking of booking Arriva transatlantic back from the Caribbean in March flying from Gatwick. What happens when we get back to Southampton do they bus us back to Gatwick to collect my car ?

Thanks Mark 

There is a free coach service back to your departure airport. Although free you still need to book it so they can lay on the appropriate number of coaches.

Brian

• Like 1

It’s actually quite a good deal,£1900 for a solo balcony but I’m not sure if I need the stress of flying after reading other threads on here about the new carrier. Theres another cruise on Iona going the day before to the canaries from Southampton much more expensive but far less stress.

But you’d only fly outward and then you’d have your days in the Caribbean and the return sail home to relax!

The *coach back to the airport* operation is very smooth

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shingles Mark said:

Good afternoon folks

I am thinking of booking Arriva transatlantic back from the Caribbean in March flying from Gatwick. What happens when we get back to Southampton do they bus us back to Gatwick to collect my car ?

Thanks Mark 

Watch out for the difference in number of nights you are booking. Typically there is a fourteen night and a fifteen night option because flights go out on Friday and Saturday.

Regards John

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, john watson said:

Watch out for the difference in number of nights you are booking. Typically there is a fourteen night and a fifteen night option because flights go out on Friday and Saturday.

Regards John

We are doing 16 nights, flying out early Friday the 15th, returning to Southampton on the 31st. Looking forward to this as we have flown both ways in the past and I hate Barbados airport.

20 hours ago, Jennizor said:

We are doing 16 nights, flying out early Friday the 15th, returning to Southampton on the 31st. Looking forward to this as we have flown both ways in the past and I hate Barbados airport.

Yes the end of season sailing home offers a bonus day in the Caribbean.  You would be shocked that some people focus too much on price alone and end up with a day shorter cruise. The day lost is in the Caribbean but they check different travel agents and compare the tiny details different airports but overlook the fewer nights because they don't realise this is an issue.

Regards John

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, john watson said:

Yes the end of season sailing home offers a bonus day in the Caribbean.  You would be shocked that some people focus too much on price alone and end up with a day shorter cruise. The day lost is in the Caribbean but they check different travel agents and compare the tiny details different airports but overlook the fewer nights because they don't realise this is an issue.

Regards John

I do agree with your comments John. When I saw this cruise and the sailing back, I booked for 16 nights as previously we have flown both ways and done just the 14 nights.  I love sea days but not done transatlantic. I feel we have got the best of both worlds with 5 days in the Caribbean, 6 days at sea, a day in Tenerife, 2 days at sea, a day in La Coruna, another day at sea and then back in Southampton. I don’t think we will have time to get bored. 

• Like 1

I did it the other way round and the overnight flight home was a nightmare. At least flying out gets it over with and then you can relax into the cruise. 

I hate flying so much that if I sail transatlantic again I'll do the 35 days both ways. My best friend and I have always wanted to cruise to Australia and New Zealand but couldn't face the flights. So we've booked the full World cruise for 2026.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Clodia said:

I did it the other way round and the overnight flight home was a nightmare. At least flying out gets it over with and then you can relax into the cruise. 

I hate flying so much that if I sail transatlantic again I'll do the 35 days both ways. My best friend and I have always wanted to cruise to Australia and New Zealand but couldn't face the flights. So we've booked the full World cruise for 2026.

Wow, that sounds amazing.

We feel the same about flying. We have booked the 35 night cruise on Iona for next January. We thought our days of visiting the Caribbean were over so really happy to be going both ways by sea. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 1:49 PM, Shingles Mark said:

Good afternoon folks

Thanks Mark 

Hi Mark

P & o will bus you back to the airport. If you do not plan to drive to airport ( I use National express buses) you can book with P & O one way back to your nearest town

You need to book using the following link 

https://www.intercruises.com/cruiseconnect/index.php/home

Cheers