Saint Greg's Carnival Jubilee - Live - February 3, 2024

I have never seen a dining room this packed at this time. I’ll say this. I never ate in the dining room on Celebration or Mardi..But I will bet it’s a combination of lobster night and smaller dining room. Normally when I walk into a dining room during the last 30 mins of service, it’s half empty at best. That includes the two nights I ate here on this ship.

I did not get my table..or the table next to it. I’m in the opposite corner of dining room at a four top.

Showtime tonight was someone singing….Sweet Caroline. At least the diners didn’t join in even after several requests by the performer. At least the girl the other two nights could sing. This was like they pulled a drunk straight out of the karaoke bar and gave him a microphone.

IMG_1320.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

Crawfish fettuccine (appetizer portion)

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.2cbe9ac5579f7c45d2a836bbe39db881.jpeg

corn chowda

IMG_1324.thumb.jpeg.d959fb7d5b5464ac635bea5842cdbcab.jpeg

Spiniach salad. Didn’t used to have fruit it. But they don’t call it. Baby anymore. Maybe when it grows up it gets fruit.

IMG_1326.thumb.jpeg.e9437689a216109c9eee5b9b67116d6f.jpeg

lobster 

IMG_1330.thumb.jpeg.99d1c4b5a3ad7397311d28422fe77eb4.jpeg

panna cotta

IMG_1331.thumb.jpeg.69337a1aafc4ecd764a5f8ce18ce9cd7.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12

I just took a shot over my shoulder to get an idea of how crowded it is at 9pm. I should’ve taken some on the way in. On the way out it was still quite crowded for 9:30. I would 95% full at 8:30. 75% at 9:30.

IMG_1321.jpeg

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I have never seen a dining room this packed at this time. I’ll say this. I never ate in the dining room on Celebration or Mardi..But I will bet it’s a combination of lobster night and smaller dining room. Normally when I walk into a dining room during the last 30 mins of service, it’s half empty at best. That includes the two nights I ate here on this ship.

I did not get my table..or the table next to it. I’m in the opposite corner of dining room at a four top.

Showtime tonight was someone singing….Sweet Caroline. At least the diners didn’t join in even after several requests by the performer. At least the girl the other two nights could sing. This was like they pulled a drunk straight out of the karaoke bar and gave him a microphone.

IMG_1320.jpeg

Sweet Caroline has got to go! Next time I see a post of new things to add, or things to change, about cruising, or life, or anything, or nothing, I will absolutely die on the hill of Sweet Caroline has got to go! 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I kind of figured that would be the last one standing with all the renovations they did to it.

And the Elation type ship is the only one that will fit under the bridge in Jax.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

And the Elation type ship is the only one that will fit under the bridge in Jax.

The Spirit Class can as well, just not at high tide. 😎

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You know what that means? This is my time to let the door fly before the people down the hall get up! And I did.

I think you might need to do it another dozen times to make sure they get the message.

Edited by detroitavant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

They could do the same with paradise. Pretty sure one of those ports can handle spirit. Maybe that’s tampa

• Like 2

Does anyone know this guy? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him before this cruise but for months now he’s been littering social media specific to this cruise with pictures of him and other people. Every day. Always dressed like that. 

Here he’s basically shooting a 12 second carnival commercial on his phone. So if you see it, I’m here.

IMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.00aff12502da90125b78b4ec5f3d4202.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

They could do the same with paradise. Pretty sure one of those ports can handle spirit. Maybe that’s tampa

There are no issues with the Spirit Class in Tampa. 😎

• Like 2