Oz 24/25 Canceled? Resilient in Caribbean.

springaussie

Resilient Lady appears a few times in the St Maarten Cruise Ship Bookings website visiting December 2024 - March 2025.

I read this as if Australia 2024 - 2025 isn’t going to be cancelled Virgin Voyages are making plans just in case.

31 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Resilient Lady appears a few times in the St Maarten Cruise Ship Bookings website visiting December 2024 - March 2025.

I read this as if Australia 2024 - 2025 isn’t going to be cancelled Virgin Voyages are making plans just in case.

The wrong ship names appear all over the place. I think someone found Valiant Lady in Northern Europe and now Scarlet or Resilient are doing that stop. It’s possible one of the fleet will do that port but at this point don’t take the name as accurate.

• Like 1

This topic is also being discussed on the Australian and New Zealander Cruisers thread. We are booked on a 4 day cruise in December on 12/12 from Sydney. So the ship is now listed on two cruise schedule ports. Have checked the VV website and they are still selling the same cruise and all Australian/NZ cruises for 2024/2025.

If they are going to cancel it is going to cost them - we have already booked our flights and a hotel before the cruise so will be expecting them to refund that cost as well.

I am not interested in a cruise credit - who is going to pay for airfares to travel halfway around the world just to use it. Just wish they would clarify ASAP.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, neverendingcruising said:

Maybe some placeholders for Brilliant?

I would love to hope this is the case, or it is some other naming issue like jon81uk said. However, I guess I'm a bit pessimistic and telling me heart there is a good chance our Jan 2025 booking will be cancelled. I have emailed them via "contact us" form on the website. Will see what they have to say.

We're just off the Resilient Lady and when buying a MNVV, was advised by the sales desk that they couldn't book us onto any AU/NZ 2024-25 season cruises. We were told that all itineraries for this season were under review. We were also told that if we booked with other cruise travel agents who are still advertising cruises for this season, that there was no guarantee it would go ahead. It's certainly left us wondering what's happening and we've got 2 days left to decide whether to cancel & request a full refund on our MNVV or hope that they'll be back downunder next summer so we can use it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Luvsbooks said:

We're just off the Resilient Lady and when buying a MNVV, was advised by the sales desk that they couldn't book us onto any AU/NZ 2024-25 season cruises. We were told that all itineraries for this season were under review. We were also told that if we booked with other cruise travel agents who are still advertising cruises for this season, that there was no guarantee it would go ahead. It's certainly left us wondering what's happening and we've got 2 days left to decide whether to cancel & request a full refund on our MNVV or hope that they'll be back downunder next summer so we can use it.

Have you asked what happens if you use it had then then the cruise is cancelled? Like if you would be eligible for a refund then or if it would go back to being MNVV you are expected to use elsewhere (if that makes any sense)?

3 minutes ago, CountessCookie said:

Have you asked what happens if you use it had then then the cruise is cancelled? Like if you would be eligible for a refund then or if it would go back to being MNVV you are expected to use elsewhere (if that makes any sense)?

I didn't ask onboard. We decided not to book anything for next season with any travel agent given the warnings we were given onboard. I have emailed Sailor Services about the whole situation and am awaiting their reply. 

It's all due to Brilliant Lady and a potential itinerary shakeup coming as a result of the new ship. We just finished a long YouTube live with Tamika from VV and she confirmed that VV is taking delivery of Brilliant very soon, as in the next few months. But we will not see any itineraries from her until later in 2025. We'll most likely learn the fate of those AUS sailings in the next few months, maybe not till summer. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

It's all due to Brilliant Lady and a potential itinerary shakeup coming as a result of the new ship. We just finished a long YouTube live with Tamika from VV and she confirmed that VV is taking delivery of Brilliant very soon, as in the next few months. But we will not see any itineraries from her until later in 2025. We'll most likely learn the fate of those AUS sailings in the next few months, maybe not till summer. 

Intresting, might have to go watch that YouTube this evening. Thank you.