Anyone use Soto's for stingray tour recently??

wildabouttheworld

We went to stingray city with Soto's in December. There were no more than 12 people on the boat so very uncrowded. The Soto people were great, very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend booking with them. We booked online, secured with a credit card and paid cash prior to getting on the boat. Very inexpensive tour($30/ea) for 30-40 minutes of snorkling and 30-40 minutes at sting ray city. Looking forward to going again in December.

from Grand Cayman a couple of days ago. We used Sotos for a group of 9 people. We booked through their website, and got a response and directions where to meet them for a pick. They take you by van to a area where you board the boat. They serve juice , and water on the boat. Great guide and what an experience. It was awesome. They take their time with you for pictures with the sting rays and they are really patient with the kids and help them with their snorkel equipment. Don't hesitate to book with them. The best part is they have two trips (I think only two) 9:30 and 11:30 am.

We took the 9:30 am and they meet you at 8:30 am and the boat leaves at 9:30am. They don't wait around for too long, and this is a good thing. We got to snorkel, and then to see the stingrays. It really started to get busy when we were leaving and we were also very happy our group was small. I couldn't imagine taking a cruise organized tour with 100 people all waiting around to take pictures, etc. You'll love it....

We went with Sotos in mid-feb. We really had a fab time.

There were only 9 of us on the boat with my 9 Year old son being the only child. He had a brilliant time - he is still talking about it back in the cold UK. Definately recommend this company - very professional.

Photos arrived 10 days later - and again they are fab.

Have a good time.:)

our experience was great , as with other posters here ....these people will take good care of you , in an uncrowded boat , at a great price ...you will love it .....after our morning with soto we were returned to the cruise pier where we walked along to eden's rock for shore snorkeling to again enjoy the awesome sea sightseeing .....what a great way to spend the day ...m

• 2 weeks later...
Based on the recent events , how safe were the boats? Are there plenty of life jackets, including for kids (ages 3 to 7)? I know this is different than being on a bus on a cliff, but boats can capsize, etc.

Thanks!

The sea was very rough our day, so DD5 got scared during the "snorkel" part and we could not get her off the boat for stingray. (she is a great swimmer and big for her age). If I had known all this, I would have tried to get her to stay on board during the snorkel part, and then she would have done fine with stingray....

I took this (9:30 am) tour last week. I booked it because of the high recommendations they received here. I was VERY disappointed.

I swam with the stingrays about 5 years ago, so I knew what to expect, but my 15 yo daughter had not. So I booked through Sotos. He had us waiting on a crowded boat for a good 1/2 hour so that he could drive back for more people and pile them on to the boat. We then went for a short snorkle trip and by the time we got to Stingray City it was very crowded. As it was so crowded (and late by now), the stingrays were "full". They were so scarce I couldn't believe it. The last time I was there you couldn't take a step without bumping into one. Last week I had to search the waters to find one. I would not recommend Sotos.

Archived