What to do in Galvaston or Houston after getting off the ship with a later flight home?

galelynn

We have a later flight 6:12 PM from IAH, after we disembark from our cruise.  We don't want to sit in the airport for hours. Anyone have any suggestions for tours, transportion or places to see to kill some time before having to be at the airport?  This will be at the end of October 2024, and not sure what the weather is like there? 

Galvestonhistory.com 

galveston.com

visitgalveston.com 

the island is a tourist destination with more to do than at cruise ship itineraries 

Edited by ssb

If time allows, there is a Galveston Attraction Pass that can  save you 40% when you get tickets through it for 4 or more attractions. I did Ocean Star Offshore Rig Museum, Galveston Railroad Museum (these two are within walking distance of the port), Galveston Naval Museum, Moody Mansion and Bryan Museum. 

https://www.galvestonislandpass.com/

I am in a similar situation with a flight leaving at 6:15 p.m. The cruiseline offers a couple of tours, one around Galveston and one to the space center. They are a bit pricey, but solve the problem of what to do with your luggage.

I also considered renting a car, but Enterprise seems to be the only rental agency and they are closed on Sunday when we get back. 

I decided to just take my time getting off the ship and then take the shuttle back to the airport and tough it out waiting there.

On 2/6/2024 at 10:58 AM, jimandami said:

I believe there is also a store across from the port that will store  your luggage for $5/bag, which would also solve the luggage problem.

Yes there is 

• Like 1