NCL website does not show any excursions for Ravenna

We are booked on Norwegian Dawn 10/17/2024 Trieste to Athens.  The NCL website for our booking does not currently show any excursion options for our port call in Ravenna.

I did see this post stating that NCL seems to not show any post-cruise excursions until 50 days before the cruise departure.  However, Ravenna is a port of call on this itinerary; we aren't terminating there.  All ports of call on this itinerary other than Ravenna show excursions for sale.  Will they eventually offer excursions for this port?  If so, how close to the departure do I have to wait?

We've booked third party excursions before, so that is not an issue for us.  But it would be nice to know if and when NCL will offer anything so we can compare our options before deciding.

There is no way of predicting when excursions will be posted. It can be years out or it can be very close to sailing. As you have seen it can vary from port to port on one cruise.

There have been a few posts lately amount European ports with no excursions close to sailing so there seems to be an issue in places.

We can’t say for sure is and when they will be listed. I don’t really follow excursions all that closely as we don’t take many, but I don’t recall seeing any ports where they never get listed, or where they aren’t available onboard, but in these times you just never know.

Ravenna is a relatively new port for NCL.  They don't have a long history there.  So they are likely still pulling together tours from local vendors.  Also, Ravenna hasn't historically been a popular port stop for larger cruise ships at all.  So there may not be many tour operators in the region that can provide these services.  In recent years, Ravenna has started to become an embarking/disembarking port for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, but those type of stops don't usually have excursions.  All you can do is wait and see what they do.  Or arrange your own day.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

We went on a Trieste to Athens on NCL Viva in Sept 2023 and we did a San Marino excursion while in Ravenna. We really liked San Marino. I believe others available included visits to the Farrari factory and to see the mosaics of Ravenna. You can get a good idea of what there is to do by looking up excursions for that port on Viator or Trip Advisor. Enjoy your cruise! We loved every port!