White Nights on Epic

SandCVT

The Freestyle Daily will give you a list of activities and times all day long.  Activities usually start about 8 A.M. and run until well after midnight.  The Freestyle Daily is delivered to your cabin.  All of the different dance parties usually begin about 10:00 P.M.

The White Hot Party has been replaced by the Neon Party.

NO special clothes are required for any of the parties.

Relax and enjoy your cruise

2 hours ago, SandCVT said:

Is there a "White Night" on Epic like on other NCL Ships.  How can we find out what is going on for activities?

The White Party was replaced on all NCL ships several years ago. It is the Glow Party on most ships. 

Your Freestyle Daily will provide you a program of what is happening on the ship. It is available in hardcopy and on the NCL App.

image.thumb.png.40460577bd7a0fbaa8f72a88399e890b.png

Glow party was night 6 on the Epic two weeks ago. It was quite different from my previous 4 cruises (2 NCL, 2 MSC) where a majority of passengers of all ages wore white and at least dropped by the deck party even if they didn't dance or stay long. The attitude was it was the biggest party of the week. Wearing white wasn't mandatory, but it did look cool under the lights. 

On my January Epic cruise, only about 20% of passengers dressed in white, and I got some blank looks on the elevator when I asked who was excited about going. The glow now seems to mean you are given glow sticks to wave around, similar to Carnival's Rock n Glow party. The crowd was pretty young and seemed to be having a good time but we didn't stick around. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2024 at 11:48 AM, cruisewisely said:

Glow party was night 6 on the Epic two weeks ago. It was quite different from my previous 4 cruises (2 NCL, 2 MSC) where a majority of passengers of all ages wore white and at least dropped by the deck party even if they didn't dance or stay long. The attitude was it was the biggest party of the week. Wearing white wasn't mandatory, but it did look cool under the lights. 

On my January Epic cruise, only about 20% of passengers dressed in white, and I got some blank looks on the elevator when I asked who was excited about going. The glow now seems to mean you are given glow sticks to wave around, similar to Carnival's Rock n Glow party. The crowd was pretty young and seemed to be having a good time but we didn't stick around. 

I have been on 3 NCL liners, including the Joy and the Encore, and have never heard of this?  Soon to go on the Bliss to Alaska and a person new to cruising asked me about the White Party she heard about. I was clueless. But anything comparing it to Carnival might have caused me to ignore it.

good grief.

there is no longer any "white party."

and it's for a very specific reason.

you know, it would be humorous to see folks here talk about "the white party" and how much fun it is and how much they are looking forward to it, except it's actually pretty sad in 2024 to see these folks cluelessly clamoring for a "white party."