Roatan / Coxen Holel (again)

Digisailor

Our Caribbean cruise (starts next week - 14 days) on the Sky Princess had an itinerary and date change - now going to Coxen Hole instead of Mahogany Bay on the 19th of February.

I was waitlisted for an excursion from Roatan/ Mahogany Bay. but about the time the schedule was changed, I got an email that said I had cleared the waitlist, and could submit payment to secure a reservation, which I did, and it was accepted.  Now if I go to the page (both apps or web) that shows all the ports and excursions, it shows me confirmed for the excursion... but if I click on the link to show either all the excursions for that day, or on this particular one,  I get a page that says

"Oops!  The page you are looking for was not found". 

It's been that way for at least a couple of weeks now.  I sent two notes via "site feedback" a couple of times to the web team, but no response. 

I haven't called on this (calling Princess is painful, as everyone knows), so we'll probably just wait and see what happens... but I thought I would note this to encourage anyone else in a similar situation to maybe check their status... or if you have experience to share... you can answer on this thread. 

I posted this on one of the roll calls for our cruise, but I'm also posting this here because... apparently they did the same thing last year on Christmas Day... so it may become "a thing". 

• Like 1

The "problem" most likely stems from the fact that the system "knows" that your excursion has been canceled...yet it also "knows" that you are booked (sorta).  You're obviously not going to Roatan...why worry about it?  Did you actually submit payment?  If so...they'll refund on board with OBC.

26 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The "problem" most likely stems from the fact that the system "knows" that your excursion has been canceled...yet it also "knows" that you are booked (sorta).  You're obviously not going to Roatan...why worry about it?  Did you actually submit payment?  If so...they'll refund on board with OBC.

Thanks... if we were actually skipping Roatan, that would make sense... but we're still going to Roatan... just a different port, and a different day.  The ship will go to  Coxen Hole instead of Mahogany Bay... both are in Roatan... just different locations.  

Yes... I submitted payment... because I got an email that said I had cleared the waitlist... and to confirm a waitlist, you have to answer within a short time (24/48 hours?).  

I should be able to get it refunded if they can't do it that day from that location. 

I'll put some screenshots here in case you (or anyone else) can think of anything else... or in case anyone booked on that cruise has anything similar to share. 

When logged in, and looking at the boooking, the excursions page in "cruise personalizer" (both apps show pretty much the same thing)... shows this:

coxen1.thumb.jpg.f382c2bd4b9e2a495e3af5ca80a73389.jpg

If I click the blue "View Excursions" link (to the right of "Roatan (Coxen Hole), Honduras" - from that page, or on the links for this excursion, I see the following:  (so something is broken) 

coxen2.thumb.jpg.8d30b5e06d256ee0a2edb236616adcc9.jpg

One definitely wants a tour in Roatan as Coxen Hole is pretty boring.  Due to wind etc Mahogany Bay is iffy at best and many time ships are not able to get in.  Not sure what CCL was thinking when they built that port.  It really is a nice port and we love going there but often times have to miss it.  We like to sail out of Galveston since we can drive to the port and not have to fly.  

• Like 1

I had my excursion  in Roatan canceled for my 3/2 sailing.  I wanted to book an alternative and have had no luck.. excursion page displays the Oops for the past 2 weeks. The excursion folks are unable to help you. 

I am really annoyed to say the least!

I wanted to check on ours for next week, but continued to get the Oops page until today, when the page told me excursions were closed.  I guess we’ll have to be onboard to find out how it plays out. .