Review of Mr. Samui snorkel Tour in Koh Samui

sambamama

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic."

sambamama was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I booked a private snorkel tour for a cruise tour for 13 people by chartering a speedboat through this company 10 months earlier. I used it numerous times while in Koh Samui the previous summer for airport, hotel, and ferry transport, and they were great. The tour was arranged with no lunch from 7:30am to 1:30pm for $71pp payable on the day in USD, baht or credit card with a 5% surcharge. There was a 350 baht pp Marine Park fee. I arranged this, but didn't know anyone, and only had cabin numbers. The day before, they contacted me and demanded a 30% discount of $775 for the tour and to pay for the lunch (there was no lunch arranged!) I stated twice that was not agreed upon, and I had email proof. They kept pushing, and I said I would cancel. The booking manager finally emailed and said there was a mistake, and no prepayment was needed, and the boat would be there at 7:30. We were on the pier at 7:30, but no boat was there. I contacted the company, and was told the boat was there. I looked everywhere, and no one was there. I got back in touch, and no one ever replied. It turned out our boat had broken, but Mr. Samui never notified us. They showed up an hour late. The guide refused to take credit cards or USD, and no one took us to an ATM. This was a huge problem. He also did not take us to the Marine Park, and just pocketed the park fees for himself. I wrote Mr. Samui after the tour about these problems, but no one ever got back to me. I can't recommend this company any more in good faith. They are not reliable, and they are poor communicators, and they tried to renegotiate the deal at the last minute. I sent a number of people their way, and this was how they repaid me. I would not hire them. 

• Like 1