Valparaiso fires and port

tottenhamfc

4 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

Does anybody have an idea whether the Port of Valparaiso is or will be affected by the horrible fire situation. Is it possible that Celebrity will move to San Antonio.

When does your cruise arrive/depart? I am currently in Santiago and as of yesterday the highway between Santiago and Valparaiso was still closed and tour operators were being asked to stay away from Valparaiso through at least this week. This doesn't answer your question but might help, depending on when your date is.

2 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

When does your cruise arrive/depart? I am currently in Santiago and as of yesterday the highway between Santiago and Valparaiso was still closed and tour operators were being asked to stay away from Valparaiso through at least this week. This doesn't answer your question but might help, depending on when your date is.

Not until April 7. Thanks for the update. Anything else to add? 

We are arriving and disembarking on March 14.  Sounds like it would be safer to hold off booking an excursion from Valparaiso to Santiago that day. We fly out from Santiago that evening.  Our prayers go out to the people of the Valparaiso region.

2 minutes ago, Paradocs2 said:

We are arriving and disembarking on March 14.  Sounds like it would be safer to hold off booking an excursion from Valparaiso to Santiago that day. We fly out from Santiago that evening.  Our prayers go out to the people of the Valparaiso region.

I am on a Santiago tour today. The guide said she took a group to Valparaiso yesterday. Road is open but slow going. A lot of restaurants are closed as they’re serving first responders.

i also met a couple who were in Valparaiso on Friday when the fire started. They said the city area itself was spared. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 2:31 AM, EvelynV said:

Hi, i live in Chile,at the moment the main problem is in  Viña del Mar, Valparaiso is ok

Is the road to the airport OK from Valparaiso to Santiago