Stream Internet Package?

benny1263

Is the "stream" internet plan something new? If I recall correctly, streaming services were previously available when the "premium" internet plan was the best possible option.

image.thumb.png.2b4fc217405c2879d2fa5894d41696ab.png

Edited by benny1263

18 minutes ago, benny1263 said:

Is the "stream" internet plan something new? If I recall correctly, streaming services were previously available when the "premium" internet plan was the best possible option.

image.thumb.png.2b4fc217405c2879d2fa5894d41696ab.png

Netflix/PrimeVideo/Hulu etc were never permitted on either Surf or Premium plans. Video conferencing like Skype, and other apps like TikTok and YouTube were included with Premium. Presumably streaming movies is what the new Stream Internet will include, and it is not splitting the audio-video out of Premium (as that was the only difference between Surf and Premium already). 

The wifi page under "Ship Life" has not been updated to specify what the expensive new plan adds to Premium.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Video conferencing like Skype, and other apps like TikTok and YouTube were included with Premium.

Ah, that's what I originally wanted to refer to. Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by benny1263

3 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

I've frequently streamed Netflix with the premium package. I engage my VPN after signing onto the ship's wifi in order for Netflix to stream to my location. But no real issues. Just FYI.

That's encouraging. I couldn't use my VPN last  May.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 1:24 PM, WriterOnDeck said:

I've frequently streamed Netflix with the premium package. I engage my VPN after signing onto the ship's wifi in order for Netflix to stream to my location. But no real issues. Just FYI.

Two questions -

I wrote it down but now can’t find it. What VPN did you say you use?

Have you been experiencing any connectivity issues within the past month?  I’ve been reading that some people are no longer able to connect VPNs on various HAL ships.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Reagan0712 said:

Two questions -

I wrote it down but now can’t find it. What VPN did you say you use?

Have you been experiencing any connectivity issues within the past month?  I’ve been reading that some people are no longer able to connect VPNs on various HAL ships.

Thanks

I use PIA (Private Internet Access).

I haven't had problems connecting, but I don't use it a lot. Lately, as we are sailing across the Pacific Ocean from Hawaii to Guam, the internet service has been notably slower. Just my experience.

• Like 1