Announcing Paspaley Pearl by Ponant

AussieBoyTX

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here -- but this is the second email I've received:

Embark on a voyage of unparalleled luxury and exploration with PASPALEY PEARL by PONANT. With a combined legacy of over 85 years in the Kimberley and remote maritime expertise, we're proud to announce this brand-new partnership between PONANT and PASPALEY, ushering in a new era of boutique expeditions in the Asia Pacific.

Discover extraordinary destinations, as we unite kindred spirits in the pursuit of adventure. Immerse yourself in the heart of unique cultures, histories, and biodiversity, guided by our team of expert expedition guides.

This is more than a voyage; it's an invitation to a world of unparalleled excellence and discovery. Welcome aboard!

UNLOCK YOUR SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE

Explore aboard the newest boutique expedition motor yacht in this region

PASPALEY PEARL marks a milestone in the development of boutique expedition travel, offering a benchmark-setting standard of excellence in the Asia Pacific region. As the newest and only boutique expedition vessel in the Kimberley featuring private balconies, we have the ability of reaching exotic destinations previously inaccessible by larger vessels. You’re invited to ignite your sense of discovery, all whilst travelling in comfort and safety that has been designed to create the smallest possible footprint, with a philosophy of empowering local people and creating ambassadors for the destinations visited.

CLASSIC YET CONTEMPORARY

Designed to feel like your home away from home

Marrying PASPALEY’s heritage of over 80 years in the Kimberley and Northern Australia with PONANT’s 35-year history of luxury expedition travel, PASPALEY PEARL emerges as the embodiment of comfort and adventure.

Featuring 15 staterooms and suites and hosting a maximum of 30 guests per voyage, PASPALEY PEARL emerges as the newest and only boutique expedition motor yacht in the Kimberley with private balconies.

Wow! Thank you. I wonder why I'm not getting this email.  Hmmmm.

I've been looking for something that does Raja Ampat and the Whale sharks.  Almost pulled the trigger on Aqua Expeditions.  They dont have balconies. 

Interesting partnership. I know Ponant have offered trips on their famous planes. My partner once did a private tour of Paspaley Pearl farm on it. Great experience.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Wow! Thank you. I wonder why I'm not getting this email.  Hmmmm.

I expect it's targeted at Australia / New Zealand guests.

The Grumman Mallard flight to the pearl farm was one of the highlights of my trip on Le Ponant. 😇

• Thanks 1

Well.....my TA grabbed a cabin on the Raja Ampat cruise.  They came back with a price $10k more than what was posted on the website, approximately 20% more.  Even though there was only one cabin in the category they said they could because of the wording, "From AU$38k". Didn't have a good feeling after that so we canceled. Did have the TA check to make sure it wasn't some AU vs. US pricing. They said pricing the same for all markets.  

Anyone else have this issue?

Now looking at Aqua Expeditions. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Well.....my TA grabbed a cabin on the Raja Ampat cruise.  They came back with a price $10k more than what was posted on the website, approximately 20% more.  Even though there was only one cabin in the category they said they could because of the wording, "From AU$38k". Didn't have a good feeling after that so we canceled. Did have the TA check to make sure it wasn't some AU vs. US pricing. They said pricing the same for all markets.  

Anyone else have this issue?

Now looking at Aqua Expeditions. 

Generally, when Ponant says "From" they mean from the least expensive cabin, even if it's not currently available for sale. On this ship, it should mean the pricing for the "Ocean Twin Stateroom."

I looked at Raja Ampat and The Spice Islands and it says "From AU$20,995pp" and that matches the "Ocean Twin Stateroom."

But there's a "but." This itinerary is offered on two dates in 2025, so perhaps this price applies to only one of them?

15 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

Generally, when Ponant says "From" they mean from the least expensive cabin, even if it's not currently available for sale. On this ship, it should mean the pricing for the "Ocean Twin Stateroom."

I looked at Raja Ampat and The Spice Islands and it says "From AU$20,995pp" and that matches the "Ocean Twin Stateroom."

But there's a "but." This itinerary is offered on two dates in 2025, so perhaps this price applies to only one of them?

Thanks @AussieBoyTX

Sorry, I should have linked the Raja Ampat trip I was looking at and been more specific.

https://paspaleypearlbyponant.com.au/the-spice-islands-raja-ampat-the-whale-sharks-of-west-papua/

Only one date, and there was only one cabin (Pearl Suite)in the category I priced.  That specific cabin came back priced 20% above the "from" price advertised. 

After numerous conversations with Ponant my TA surmised that it was a new venture and they weren't really sure how to price it.  When they saw the demand they raised prices.  I felt they should have honored the advertised price and not hidden behind the "from" caveat given that the trip and cabin had no alternatives. But, C'est La Vie!😃

Just wondering if others had the same issue with pricing.  I'm trying to figure out if I need to add 20% to Ponant Paspaley advertised pricing when comparing lines before I go to my TA. Was it perhaps just this itinary, which is now sold out. Or, a new joint venture which is still getting its sea legs. Or both!