Gdansk, Poland (Gdynia Port)

Hi there, arriving here in August on Celebrity from 7am-6pm and wondering if anyone could give me some experience on fun/interesting things to do in this port. Currently there are no listed excursions for this port from Celebrity so looking for a DIY plan if that's possible. TIA! 

Get Rick Steves Scandinavian & Northern European Cruise Ports Guidebook. It has a section on Gdynia/Gdansk. Gdynia is a small walkable port. The cruise line will probably have a shuttle to the main plaza in town. If not, it is definitely walkable. You can take the train to Gdańsk and explore the main plaza. We enjoyed doing both.

• Like 1

Gdańsk is a lovely town.  We hired a taxi right outside the port as we wanted to go to a Motorcycle Museum in Gydnia and then over to Gdańsk.  He took us all around for about €100.  It was about 5 hours.  We went to  St.Mary’s church, the wharf along the Motlawa River and a resort on the beach. We really liked Gnask.  Also I think we stopped at a local market. 

You  have a lot of time in port, so @dfilpus suggestions are  also good.  We had a weird 0700-1400 time slot, so opted for the taxi.   

Our roll call formed  a private tour, but it was full by the time we booked the cruise.  It was good according to the 4 people I met. 

https://www.easygdansktours.com/shore-excursions-from-gdansk-and-gdynia/

• Like 1