Who has been to Gran Canaria?

I have what should be a simple question, but I can't find any info. I'll be sailing on Anthem of the Seas to Gran Canaria in June. We have an amazing private tour lined up, but we need to get from the port on the north side of the island to the tour departure spot on the south side of the island (45-minute drive), and I haven't been able to find any transfer options for these locations. Can anyone tell me if taxis are readily available (and willing to take people 45 minutes away)? I don't want to cancel the tour if transportation's not a problem, but don't want to risk being out several hundred dollars if we're just not able to get there. 

agree with @norwich cruiser.  La sPalmas is the capital so it's well provided with taxis, buses etc. We were just there last month on a cruise.  you dont specify where you need to be in the south so I just guessed playa del ingles

have a look here if it helps

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Las-Palmas-de-Gran-Canaria/Playa-del-Inglés

generally because the Canary islands are all small they have excellent bus services and on Tenerife there is a tram also.  so d y i excursions are very feasible. 

btw are you sure the tour provider isn't willing to pick you up in Las Palmas? Worth asking at least.  Things are kind of informal and friendly in the Canaries, so give it a try. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! We need to get down to Pasito Blanco. No, unfortunately, the tour operator isn't willing to pick us up. I didn't specifically ask, but I did ask about taxis and said I was concerned about getting transportation down there, and they didn't offer to help with that at all. They just said that they have had cruise ship passengers arrive by taxi before but couldn't tell me if taxis were plentiful around the port. But it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem to get there & back by taxi.

@sleepingcat Thanks for that link! I was able to reserve a round-trip transfer. I feel a lot better having something set up in advance. I did so many searches for taxis/shuttles, and couldn't find anything I was able to reserve in advance for our specific locations. Thank you! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I live in Gran Canaria. Taxi will be expensive, to Pasito Blanco probably upwards of 150€ per way. Bus number 30 leaves from the Santa Catalina bus station garage, a 10-minute walk from the cruise port, two or three times an hour (note that not all buses start from there), and will take you to Faro Maspalomas station in 50 minutes or so. From there, take a taxi for convenience to Pasito Blanco, it'll be 10 minutes tops. Here is the timetable: 

https://guaguasglobal.com/en/routes-timetables/line-info/?id=30

Rosanna