James Bond Island Excursion, Phuket

mtn_couple

Has anyone done the cruise ship tour called "Phang-Nga, James Bond Island Cruise & Panyi Island By Speed Boat"? 

The description reads: Feel at one with nature as you island hop during this all-day adventure. After a transfer to the Boat Lagoon, you'll board a motorized speed boat. Hang on as your captain cruises through the emerald waters of Phang Nga Bay, home to spectacular outcrops of limestone rocks and caves about 100 islands, including the breathtakingly beautiful "James Bond Island" (or Khao Ping Kan). Made famous as a shooting location for "The Man with the Golden Gun," the island sits in the protected marine area of the Ao Phang Nga Marine National Park. Continue on past the amazing neighboring Nail Island (Koh Tapu) before stopping at Panyi Island to meet the locals of the 150-year-old fishing village, visit the mosque, and browse the stalls and shops. Later, you'll transfer back to the local pier and a bus transfer to a local restaurant for lunch.

If you have, could you please tell me about the boat - was it easy to get in/out of?  Did you enjoy the tour?  What were the highlights/lowlights? 

Did that trip many years ago while staying in Phuket.

Phang Nga is a great bay to explore, full of steep-sided islets, some with a lagoon in the centre. And I vaguely recall a floating fishing village. Folk explore by traditional boats, speedboat or canoes/kayaks.

Our speedboat trip ended with time for (shallow) snorkelling on a small low sandy islet.

A great day.

But to the bones of your question - I don't recall boarding, probably I would if it were very difficult,

Your best resource is probably YouTube or dialling "speed boat Phang Nga Bay"  itno googleimages and googlevideos.

Here's one which includes boarding - looks very easy 🙂

https://www.google.com/search?q=phang+nga+bay+speed+boat&source=lmns&tbm=vid&bih=671&biw=1346&rlz=1C1GEWG_en-GBGB999GB999&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2kLTP2qCEAxX2WqQEHUQ7A-cQ0pQJKAJ6BAgBEAY#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:0fd9192b,vid:L5rkZ-pK08Q,st:0

JB 🙂