10% Off 2024 Cruises

BaldingCruiser

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Nothing to do with Consumer Laws in any country when if you book QG/PG in US you get free gratuities and drinks package. If you book the same cruise and from the UK you get zilch. That is down to Cunard and how they treat cruiser's differently from whichever country they are from nothing to do with Consumer Law.

But doesn’t the fare work out lower? I’m sure someone did an analysis on here quite recently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Nothing to do with Consumer Laws in any country when if you book QG/PG in US you get free gratuities and drinks package. If you book the same cruise and from the UK you get zilch. That is down to Cunard and how they treat cruiser's differently from whichever country they are from nothing to do with Consumer Law.

I thought you were talking about the refundabiluty of deposits, that is a difference in law.

Someone here recently did a calculation that showed US passengers are paying more total even with rhe extras.  I haven't done the calculations myself though.  I will also note that unless a US passenger boards in NY it is not cheap to get to a ship leaving from Southampton, which precludes using what appear to be nice but short notice fares for voyages leaving from that port!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Like  D&N , we book what we want,

If you can!

I'm told that this time there isn't one A1 cabin being offered for our itinerary. The option seems to be to book an A2 then hope the agent can persuade them to release one of the A1s we'd like to our itinerary and pay the small difference.