'Two Oceans by Railroad' excursion through Carnival

PaulMedik

Only trouble is that when you go to book it, it says that no excursions have been booked for this port. I took a chance and booked it and it said that my reservation had been confirmed so I don't know what's going on.

Guess I should learn how to read. The reason it says that "no excursions have been booked for this port" is that I hadn't booked any excursions! Duh!

• 1 month later...

Will it be easy to sit with my dw on this excursion, or will we possibly have to sit apart if it is full?

Do we get tickets beforehand with seat numbers, or should we get in line early to ensure we are seated together with a window.

My wife is worried that we will end up not sitting together and not at the window seats and the excursion will not be worth the money.

Will it be easy to sit with my dw on this excursion, or will we possibly have to sit apart if it is full?

Do we get tickets beforehand with seat numbers, or should we get in line early to ensure we are seated together with a window.

My wife is worried that we will end up not sitting together and not at the window seats and the excursion will not be worth the money.

MaritimeCruisers,

You will be assigned to a particular rail car and a particular bus upon boarding at the pier and at the rail terminal. You can sit where ever you like.

We arrived 'on time,' but we were the last in line. All of the buses were full so we had to wait on a new bus to arrive. Everyone who had to wait for the new bus ended up getting upgraded for free to the '1st class Glass Domed Rail Car' as they called it. :) The upgrade was normally $30 more per passenger, but the dome car had just returned from routine maintenance and wasn't an option to pay for prior.

I think it was well worth the expense.

Can anyone say from experience with carnival, ...

how can you ask for a domed car prior to getting there so that I can make sure that I have a domed car seat and not gambling on whether or not it is available for us. We are cruising on the Legend 12/2 and want to do the train ride along the canal.

Thanks for the information!

Kevin

Can anyone say from experience with carnival, ...

how can you ask for a domed car prior to getting there so that I can make sure that I have a domed car seat and not gambling on whether or not it is available for us. We are cruising on the Legend 12/2 and want to do the train ride along the canal.

Thanks for the information!

Kevin

I am wondering the same thing.....There is not an option to pay for the domed car when I try to book online.

I called Carnival, who transferred me to their excursion department, and they said that the Dome car was not available to book through Carnival. They said that we may get on the Dome car, but it could not be booked in advance.

Still want to know wether it will be easy for my wife and I to sit together, or if there is a rash of people taking the window seats and leaving couples to sit apart..

• 4 weeks later...

Curious about that too...How is the seating organized? Is there a middle row where you can't see well at all? Or just pairs by each window? It'll just be DH and I, and we're debating this excursion or the ferry through the canal. Both expensive, but when will we go to Panama again? Also, I think Carnival has their "snack" symbol by this excursion - is there any food and beverage service? Is it included or separate? Is it just water and cokes or can you buy a local beer or anything? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Curious about that too...How is the seating organized? Is there a middle row where you can't see well at all? Or just pairs by each window? It'll just be DH and I, and we're debating this excursion or the ferry through the canal. Both expensive, but when will we go to Panama again? Also, I think Carnival has their "snack" symbol by this excursion - is there any food and beverage service? Is it included or separate? Is it just water and cokes or can you buy a local beer or anything? Thanks in advance!

MMW37,

Click here for a picture of the seating. No, there's no middle row where you can't see well and the seating is 'open seating' so you can get up and move around as you like, and you can sit with whoever you like.

There is a snack box with drinks, sandwich, chips, cookies etc provided on the return train ride. You can also buy snacks on the train ride; there's a little snack bar at the end of the rail car and the girls come around taking orders too. Two waiters per car. Click here for a picture.

My Webshots album of Panama has many more shots of the train, bus and sites along the way.

• 1 month later...

Archived