Penalized for Booking Late?

We had MTD  on Harmony at 630 and we would show up at 6 pm .

No lines and we would be seated within 5 minutes .

We needed a two top and as long as you dont mind having different wait staff it worked out nicely.

The wait staff was wonderful , regardless of which floor we were sent to, as they use all 3 floors

for first seating.

I am on Mariner right now. We had dinner at 5:30 last night, first night of a 5 day cruise. We are smack in the very middle of 3rd floor. Every single table we could see was full.

We just got off of the Allure but never did the main dining room on that cruise.

We were on the Ovation at the end of September and many of the seats were empty the whole cruise.  I was really surprised how full it was last night.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:42 AM, meansun said:

I would like for her to at least experience it 2 or 3 times during our cruise so she can formulate her own opinion. In all my cruises, I always just go to specialty restaurants because I just think it's a lot quieter and quaint.

I agree. I love the atmosphere in the MDR. We have only done specialty dining maybe twice and once was for a lunch. We just don't see the need to spend that much more for food. At home we get out meats from a local butcher ...no steak restaurant no matter how expensive is going to top the steak we eat at home lol. 

• Like 2