Sun Princess Horizons Dining Room Deck 7 question

dashulak

Can anyone help me understand this?  When I clicked on About for Sun Princess Horizons Dining Room Deck 7 on the app, it says:

"All food and beverage, including cover charges, are subject to an 18% service charge which will be added to your check."

I thought Horizon Dining Room was included in our cruise fare?

Edited by dashulak

• dashulak changed the title to Sun Princess Horizons Dining Room Deck 7 question

It is included in the cruise fare. Princess seems to have added that test to every venue: looking at the Lido Taco, Burger, Pizza places etc that text also shows. I think it's just standard text and doesn't necessarily mean a charge.

Princess has had a couple items on the menu in the main dining rooms that you can order for an additional charge, such as a steak. The 18% is probably added to that, as well as drinks for those passengers not on a package.

As the previous poster has indicated dining room meals are included with your cruise fare.  However, the dining room menu does include some items that have a surcharge.  For example, some steaks from the Crown Grill specialty restaurant can be ordered in the dining room.  The 18% would be added to the surcharge if you ordered one of those steaks.  There may be other items that have a surcharge and those will be identified on the menu.

• Thanks 1