Drinks poolside???

minorad

I was on the Escape in October last year (Canada/NE) and we were allowed to have drinks while in the hot tubs.  Crew were always coming by to take orders.  We even got Peach Bellinis in actual glasses.  Everything else was in plastic cups.

12 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Hopefully it will be enforced fleet wide. Who wants to be in a pool, or hot tub full, of spilled drinks. 

I'd be more concerned with urine and feces content levels 😳 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:14 AM, PATRLR said:

Sure seems that way to me.  I can't think of any significant change that wasn't done in the name of cost cutting (despite their ever present claims that changes are made for our "convenience").

So very true.  NCL is the budget cruise line now.  All of the changes are really for passenger inconvenience and squeezing every penny ncl can get.

The no drink in the pool or immediate surround area of the pool was enforced in October and November 2023 on the Joy and Sky. Bummer. Would have liked to at least be able to imbibe while sitting on the pool edge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 11:14 PM, FPMoosally said:

I'm confused. I don't kno what a roof has to do with this topic.

See what happens when you have 20/200 vision and post without yoir glasses on?  I intended to type "proof" sorry about that, I was in stupid mode I think! 🙂

On 2/25/2024 at 7:47 AM, delaware32 said:

The no drink in the pool or immediate surround area of the pool was enforced in October and November 2023 on the Joy and Sky. Bummer. Would have liked to at least be able to imbibe while sitting on the pool edge.

We were on the Joy Nov. 11th to Dec. 5th, 2023 and were allowed cocktails while sitting on the benches surrounding the four sides of the pool.  That was our meet-up & hang-out spot so spent quite a bit of time there.  Servers picked up our empties and brought us more - all in plastic cups.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iluvthe-c said:

We were on the Joy Nov. 11th to Dec. 5th, 2023 and were allowed cocktails while sitting on the benches surrounding the four sides of the pool.  That was our meet-up & hang-out spot so spent quite a bit of time there.  Servers picked up our empties and brought us more - all in plastic cups.

I had the same experience on Joy this past July. There was also that sort of round bench in the water by the pool and we drank there too.

In fact I was served while in a hot tub too, but it was a port day and the hot tubs were practically empty.

On the Joy in January and drinks in the hot tub were ok, but no drinks inside the pool area. We were able to sit on the ledges on the outside of the pool and that was fine. NCL had pool monitors (not lifeguards) in the pool area on sea days.