Shore excursions - notification available to book

david05

In the past we have always received an email and/or a booklet in the post when the shore excursions opened for booking. However, this didn't happen for our next cruise and we only discovered they were available to book when I happened to check via "Manage my booking". They must have been available for a while as 2 were fully booked (annoyingly we might have quite liked one of those) and another 2 had less than 10 spaces left. Has anyone else had a similar experience? It may be that we have just been unlucky and the usual email didn't get sent to us or failed to get through for some reason (our email has not changed and I did check the spam box!).

2 hours ago, david05 said:

In the past we have always received an email and/or a booklet in the post when the shore excursions opened for booking. However, this didn't happen for our next cruise and we only discovered they were available to book when I happened to check via "Manage my booking". They must have been available for a while as 2 were fully booked (annoyingly we might have quite liked one of those) and another 2 had less than 10 spaces left. Has anyone else had a similar experience? It may be that we have just been unlucky and the usual email didn't get sent to us or failed to get through for some reason (our email has not changed and I did check the spam box!).

That's disappointing. When is your cruise?

1 hour ago, cruiserj1965 said:

Saga no longer send booklets, here is a link to find out when excursions went on sale. I believe everyone who has an email on their booking should receive an email notification to book.

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/ocean/the-saga-cruise-experience/excursion-availability.aspx

If our experience is anything to go by then this list may have replaced the email! Don't remember seeing anything warning us to check the website for the date when excursions go on sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are going on April 17th and received an email saying excursions were available to book on Feb 6th.

However we were sent an email by Cruise Guest Support for the same cruise detailing tendering instead of docking at Kefalonia which went into my junk mail. I don't check mine very often so it was just by chance I saw it!

1 hour ago, maesteggirl said:

We are going on April 17th and received an email saying excursions were available to book on Feb 6th.

However we were sent an email by Cruise Guest Support for the same cruise detailing tendering instead of docking at Kefalonia which went into my junk mail. I don't check mine very often so it was just by chance I saw it!

This is very strange, we received the tendering information by post! I've just checked and email is shown as our preferred means of communication, so I've no idea why Saga is sending out information by differing forms of communication, or not at all in some instances!