Small boat / low crowd / no wild party snorkeling tour?

Jezo

Anyone have any small boat tour operators that would take us snorkeling for half a day?  I am not looking for those big catamaran party boats on some islands with 100 people on it, I am looking for something with a lot less people that would take us to multiple snorkeling spots and maybe at most have some drinks on board in a cooler.   We want to see the fish, not see people drink until they need to be carried back to their rooms.

You can rent a boat with captain for your group with Mako Tours Bonaire or Salty tours Bonaire.  You can do a private (max 4 people) off the shore (no boat) snorkeling tour with privateguidedtoursBonaire.com.  Bonaire is the premier shore diving location, so you don’t need a boat.  Our island is surrounded by reefs very close to shore.  

enjoy!
kate

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, Jezo said:

Anyone have any small boat tour operators that would take us snorkeling for half a day?  I am not looking for those big catamaran party boats on some islands with 100 people on it, I am looking for something with a lot less people that would take us to multiple snorkeling spots and maybe at most have some drinks on board in a cooler.   We want to see the fish, not see people drink until they need to be carried back to their rooms.

Look at Compass Bonaire.  They have a couple of sail boats.  One only takes around 14 people and other about 17.  I've been out with them maybe 5 times over the years.

• 3 weeks later...

We did a very nice tour with about 20 people. Best snorkeling ever. Adult crowd. A nice punch and lunch on the way back. I’ll look for the name and come back. Woodwind is the name on the company 

I went with Sea Cow last month. Very safety conscious, very quiet. I think they take a max of 26 people. But they take people into the water in small groups, each with a guide. They do a drift snorkel (so does Woodwind), so the current carries you along. The most fish I have ever seen on a snorkel trip!! 

When I went, there were only 8 of us. We were in the water for 45-60 minutes, then went back to the boat for a rest and a snack while the boat took us to the next spot. Another 45 minutes of snorkeling. More snacks after that and an option to have rum punch then, when we were done with the snorkeling.

I don't know if they always have a photographer on board, but they did on this trip. No hard-sell to buy the pics, but I did. $40 and they send a link to download the pics. It was a cloudy day so my underwater camera didn't do well. But she could free dive to get down closer to the fish. Plus, she had a much better camera than I do. In addition to fish pictures, I have a picture of myself snorkeling. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, Jezo said:

Woodwind
Catamaran and exactly what you've just described.
Short walk from the pier.