Price difference

tashaaa

Hi, 

I’m new to Azamara and it sounds really interesting cruise line. However there is one thing that is bothering me… when I look into a cruise and there is a price stated 2977 EUR, but when I make to the booking the price changes significantly. I see that there are also port taxes 257 EUR. But to sum this together should be around 6500 for 2 persons. When I processed to booking, the most cheapest price is 7132 EUR. 

just wondering if this is usual for Azamara, because everything else is included.

I know that this cruise line, is a little bit more expensive than others (ncl, rcl,..), but the first price that you see on the website is always way lower than the booking price. 

1 hour ago, tashaaa said:

Hi, 

I’m new to Azamara and it sounds really interesting cruise line. However there is one thing that is bothering me… when I look into a cruise and there is a price stated 2977 EUR, but when I make to the booking the price changes significantly. I see that there are also port taxes 257 EUR. But to sum this together should be around 6500 for 2 persons. When I processed to booking, the most cheapest price is 7132 EUR. 

just wondering if this is usual for Azamara, because everything else is included.

I know that this cruise line, is a little bit more expensive than others (ncl, rcl,..), but the first price that you see on the website is always way lower than the booking price. 

Shop around on the internet. Then book with a travel agent. 

• Like 1

Do you normally get a better price with a travel agent? 

The problem is, I’m from Slovenia, which is pretty small and we don’t have many travel agents, and normally they are even more expensive. 
Maybe I will search for some European one… 

if someone has a suggestion let me know, I know you cant post TA on the board. 

2 hours ago, tashaaa said:

Do you normally get a better price with a travel agent? 

The problem is, I’m from Slovenia, which is pretty small and we don’t have many travel agents, and normally they are even more expensive. 
Maybe I will search for some European one… 

if someone has a suggestion let me know, I know you cant post TA on the board. 

I usually get 7-10% of the net price (excludes taxes and fees) of the cruise price back in REFUNDABLE onboard credit. Sometimes, I just get a check after the cruise instead. But I'm in the US. I know some of the posters here are from the UK; they've explained that their rules covering travel agents are very different from the US. 

Sorry I can't help you.