Celebrity Ascent Review

Ensign Pulver

I’m on now and couldn’t agree more! I booked the Beyond for two more cruises while I’m on here! One with my mom for Mother’s Day and one with my husband after our daughter leaves for college in September. I would have booked the Ascent again but the schedules didn’t line up. 

The one thing I’ve noticed, which doesn’t bother me, is that the music and entertainment seems mostly geared to people who are GenX (which I am). But a lot of the people on the cruise are older and don’t seem as into it. You’re only as young as you feel. I think my 80 year old mom is really going to like it. But there have been a few times when I looked around and noticed a lot of people seemed sort of bored. Maybe they were just being quiet? 

I have really liked the piano player! 

47 minutes ago, momneedsrest said:

Thank you so much for your review.Sailing in May with Mom and Sis and am getting quite excited.

Part of the fun is the anticipation! I will say that my wife and I enjoy the research, like reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. In my opinion, the Ascent exceeded our expectations. I hope you continue to enjoy looking forward to the cruise, it’s totally worth it. 

• Like 2

On 2/22/2024 at 9:52 AM, PTC DAWG said:

I think they should have gone all in on the shower, and done away with the foot deep so called tub/shower combo..useless as a tub (I think I last took a bath at about age 8)  and an unnecessary step in to use the shower. 

Some people use tubs. I’m one of them, I enjoy baths and have long hair and appreciate not having to always try not to get it wet on a non-wash night. So I for one appreciate the tub and am glad they’re there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone enjoyed last week’s cruise. For us this one was a lot of fun.  Now the anticipation of the next cruise stars all over for the Disney Wonder in Alaska with a waterslide and lots of kids!

Whatever your adventures are and wherever you journeys take you, farewell for now.

Safe sailing!

R