Onboard activities on Seabourn while at port in Alaska?

Albino2

I am hoping someone who has done a Seabourn Alaska cruise can provide some detailed input.  I am curious if Seabourn has onboard activities while docked ?  My dad has limited mobilities and will likely not get off the boat.  If you have any feedback, I would appreciate it.

I was on the Odyssey for a southbound Alaska cruise last summer and saved my Heralds, so checked on daytime activities on port days. I've attached one that looks pretty standard for port-day activities. 

Also, note that in Alaska some "ports" are not for getting off at--e.g., Glacier Bay and Rudyerd Bay. (Actually, at Rudyerd you can transfer from the ship to zodiac for an excursion on the water, but there's no port.) So I would think your father's mobility challenges should not affect his ability to enjoy those locations.

20240221_130015.jpg

4 hours ago, Earthtones said:

Also, note that in Alaska some "ports" are not for getting off at--e.g., Glacier Bay

Was on last year for the southbound and was very impressed that for Glacier Bay they brought onboard 3 Park Rangers, provided a good map of what we should see there, and also had some locals onboard with some crafts.  I was surprised how much I learned and got out of that "stop".  The Park Rangers were great, very approachable, and had really good insights to share.  For a relatively small ship it was a lot of Rangers!

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 3

Yes--very good point that at Glacier Bay, not only don't you not get off, but the port comes to you in the form of the Park Service. If you collect NPS stamps or would like to shop, there is a whole mobile Glacier Bay National Park gift shop set up in the Observation Bar. 

Also, I didn't see the park rangers and all their stuff come on board, but did enjoy watching them disembark--jumping across from the Odyssey onto the NPS boat while both vessels were moving. This has to be one of the coolest park ranger positions I could imagine!