Moving from one ship to another in Barcelona

We are wondering how easy it is to get from one ship to another. We will be arriving on a Celebrity ship and going to a MSC ship the same day. I understand that the various cruise terminals are in a row but unsure if it is walkable, Are there sidewalks, security gates, etc.

Thanks

33 minutes ago, wonlife64 said:

We are wondering how easy it is to get from one ship to another. We will be arriving on a Celebrity ship and going to a MSC ship the same day. I understand that the various cruise terminals are in a row but unsure if it is walkable, Are there sidewalks, security gates, etc.

Thanks

I've never walked it.  But I just took a look at Google Maps in satellite or aerial photograph mode and it sure looks like there is no reason it can't be walked.  There are even covered walkways in multiple places.  You a see the painted crosswalks across the entry streets into the various terminals.  Have a look, you can zoom in quite close to see how it would be done.

2 hours ago, wonlife64 said:

Thanks

Hello:

MSC will call at Terminal A in Barcelona for sure.

I do not know where Celebrity will call.

All terminals are lined up as you can see in Google maps (from Terminal A to terminal E). If Celebrity arrives to Terminal B, those are 500 metres to walk easily on foot. If Celebrity arrives to Terminal E.... it is almost 2 km on foot with baggage.

You can always take a taxi between Terminals. It will cost 13-14 euro and taxi driver will have done the business of his life without going out of Terminals (4,5 because picking up in the port, 4,5 euro because arriving to the port, 2,3 euro as minimal fare and 1-2 euro as journey)

All supplements included...

In addition....

If you get a taxi between both terminals and... after you would have to pay all supplements, asking taxi driver to have a short walk around city centre in Barcelona will be very cheap (just 1,27 euro/km more to add).

If I were you I would

- choose an itinerary to do in Barcelona departing and arriving to port. Considering requested time to do it by car. Print it

- in Barcelona, after Celebrity, take a taxi, show your itinerary.

- visit shortly Barcelona from the taxi (your luggage will be in the car trunk)

- arrive again to the port and entry into MSC

Just after those 13-14 euro for moving from one to other terminal you will have to add

- 1,27 euro/km   of your itinerary

- 25,60 euro/hour in case of waiting

This is, if you go to any monument and you want your taxi stop there and wait for a while (for a photo, for a full visit, whatever), price is 25,6 euro per hour (12,8 per 30 minutes and so on....). It is calculated automatically after taxi-metre (time where speed is 0)

6 hours ago, freaky_82 said:

Taxis in Spain also charge a supplement of 1€ per luggage piece that is put in the trunk. 

you musn't accept any luggage supplement

I posted here all Barcelona taxi fares

and they are posted in all taxis inside. There's nothing for luggage

In addition, for this journey you would pay 9,0 euro supplements (where 4,5 because leaving port and 4,5 because arriving port) and everything is included there.

In other words... people with luggage travels often to the station, port and airport. Those destinations have a supplement and luggage is included in them

and t

• Like 1