Greenland + Arctic Canada on Venture: jackets? boots? clothing needed?

cruiseej

We're booked on a 14-day Venture cruise in Greenland and far northeast Canada in September. While there are many, many posts on this forum about clothing required and provided for Antarctica cruises, I can't recall and couldn't find in a search anything about gear for this particular northern itinerary. I've looked on Seabourn's website, and in the information available in the My Booking section of the site, and I've come up empty. I'd appreciate any information or insights from those who have done it, or know where to find this on Seabourn's website.

• Does Seabourn provide a parka/jacket for this cruise? (If not, I'd probably take my Silversea parka from Antarctica… if that's not too gauche! 😂)

• Are there wet landings requiring boots?

• Does Seabourn provide boots? Or since we have our own from two previous expedition cruises (and I have large and wide feet) can I bring my own?

• Does Seabourn provide a backpack for zodiac excursions, or should we bring our own? (I have a really nice wet bag from our Silversea trip to South Georgia Island, but it's bulky and heavy and not ideal to have to lug along.)

Aside from general cold/wet weather gear — layers, hat, gloves, waterproof pants — is there anything else we should be thinking we need to bring clothing-wise?

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Does Seabourn provide a parka/jacket for this cruise?

Yes, if it is an expedition cruise on Venture they will provide parkas.

18 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

• Are there wet landings requiring boots?

We did not have any, but we were already fitted for complementary boots just in case. You do NOT need to bring your own.

19 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

• Does Seabourn provide boots? Or since we have our own from two previous expedition cruises (and I have large and wide feet) can I bring my own?

Well maybe you do! 😉 You are welcome to bring your own and put them in your locker on the third floor.

19 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

• Does Seabourn provide a backpack for zodiac excursions, or should we bring our own? (I have a really nice wet bag from our Silversea trip to South Georgia Island, but it's bulky and heavy and not ideal to have to lug along.)

Seabourn provides each passenger a Helly Hansen branded backpack/dry bag. (Straps like a backpack, rolls up and closes like a dry sack.) It is lightweight and easy enough to roll up and carry in a jacket pocket when empty. Be warned it has ZERO cushion so if you, say, use it to carry a spare bulky camera lens on a hike you'll have the bruises to show for it.

Beyond that, basically pack like you would for Antarctica but a tad less focus on cold and more focus on wet. Eg, rain pants are more useful than snow pants, but in the end either will do.

• Like 1