Pearl questions

Scubadoc

We have booked the pearl for 10 nights out of Trieste in September. We cruise a couple of times a year, mainly Royal Caribbean and Princess. We have not been on Norwegian since we did the epic about six years ago and this will be our first time in a suite on Norwegian. Maybe some of you can help us with some questions?

We are in 10664 which is an aft penthouse suite with large balcony. Anyone stay in this room or in this class of cabin? What are your likes and dislikes? We absolutely love the aft suites on Princess that have a giant wraparound corner balcony. It’s hard for me to tell from pictures how large the balcony actually is on the pearl. is it deep enough to have our loungers facing the water or do you have to turn them sideways? 

I know the ship has a Haven and we were not really interested in that but since we’re in a suite is there a sundeck that is reserved somewhere for those and suites? If not, is there a good adults only place on a sundeck that actually has some shade?

If I understand correctly, we can eat special suite only breakfast and lunch. So does that mean there is no special dinner for those in suites? We either eat at the regular dining or in a specialty  restaurant?

What shows are on the pearl? I’ve not been able to find that anywhere to this point.

Finally, we love karaoke! Princess has a contest called voice of the ocean, which I had the privilege of winning, which is a lot of fun. How does karaoke work on the Norwegian pearl?

thanx!

We stayed in Suite Aft cabin 8132 in December on the Pearl. We had excellent service for breakfast and lunch in Moderno.  Our cabin was close to yours with a decent sized but not large aft balcony.  We did not have a special place to go for a sundeck but did pay for the spa passes for the cruise.

For Karaoke, on the cruise we were on in December, the cruise director designated the Bliss Lounge for daily karaoke mainly for families the majority of the evening even with the bowling lanes open which meant there was some noise. However, the cruise director makes or breaks this as on our recent Gem cruise, there was hardly any karaoke except for the last night.

For the shows, I can't remember but the show quality is decreasing with time.  Have a wonderful cruise!

For dinner, you can go to the main dining room at your preferred time or you can make a reservation. You can also eat at a specialty dining restaurant or at O'Sheehan's or the buffet. 

On a previous Spirit cruise, the cruise director did have a karaoke contest with the winners singing in Spinnaker lounge with a final winner. I have not seen this happen on too many ships but it is possible depending on the cruise director and their staff. They typically have family karaoke for an earlier time with adult karaoke at a later time in the evening.

For the shows, it is Legends in Concert and Pure Variety. You can see these on NCL.com. Again, have a great cruise!

We cruised in one of the aft suites a few years ago on the Jewel, which is a sister ship. There was a slight vibration that permeated the room from the engines/propellers when underway. We didn't really notice it until the engines were stopped in port and the lack of it was apparent.

As far as entertainment, https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pearl/whats-on-board/Entertainment

Edited by halberd7

On 2/21/2024 at 11:41 PM, Scubadoc said:

We are in 10664 which is an aft penthouse suite with large balcony. Anyone stay in this room or in this class of cabin? What are your likes and dislikes? We absolutely love the aft suites on Princess that have a giant wraparound corner balcony. It’s hard for me to tell from pictures how large the balcony actually is on the pearl. is it deep enough to have our loungers facing the water or do you have to turn them sideways? 

I know the ship has a Haven and we were not really interested in that but since we’re in a suite is there a sundeck that is reserved somewhere for those and suites? If not, is there a good adults only place on a sundeck that actually has some shade?

If I understand correctly, we can eat special suite only breakfast and lunch. So does that mean there is no special dinner for those in suites? We either eat at the regular dining or in a specialty  restaurant?

What shows are on the pearl? I’ve not been able to find that anywhere to this point.

Finally, we love karaoke! Princess has a contest called voice of the ocean, which I had the privilege of winning, which is a lot of fun. How does karaoke work on the Norwegian pearl?

thanx!

1.  If you booked directly with NCL call your PCC and they should be able to tell you the exact size of the balcony.   

2.  We were on the Pearl in 2016 in the 2br Family Suite, my trip report is in my signature, and did not have access to the Haven.  

3.  There is no Haven restaurant for dinner.

4.  I'm not sure what is currently on the Pearl.  Though things will probably change before then you could always look at a recent Pearl Roll call and see if anybody posted the Dailys or is willing,  

Have done the Pearl twice and she is a great ship.  Would sail her again if it works out in terms of location and itinerary.