Iron?

TiNa&PHiL

Generally speaking, irons are not permitted to be brought onboard. Some ships, however, do have self-service laundry rooms equipped with washers, dryers, irons and ironing boards. If your ship doesn't have a laundry room, your options include: using the ship's pressing/laundry service, Downey Wrinkle Release, using a steamer, or tolerating a few wrinkles.

Since we don't know which cruiseline, it's hard to answer.

Carnival, for instance, has passenger laundry rooms with washers, dryers, ironing boards, and irons. They also have pressing service, and I believe it's about $1.50 per item, but not positive. Irons are definitely not allowed in cabins....a big no-no on cruise ships.

Yes, the Downey Wrinkle Release works very well. Also - you can do as I do - steam up your bathroom, hang your clothes in there, and close the door. In a few minutes, the wrinkles will steam away.:)

The price is different....based on what the article of clothing is.

For example: A shirt is $3.00.

a t-shirt is $1.50.

These are carnival's prices.

You will find the prices very similar, if not the same...on most cruiselines.

They do not allow irons in any passenger cabin, and after what happened today on Princess, they're going to be aware of fire hazards more than ever before.

You can use the ship's pressing service, if the ship you're on doesn't have self service laundry rooms. It's not all that expensive to get things pressed.

Another tried and true method is to hang your things in the bathroom while you're taking a shower. Wrinkles just fall right out.

Take along a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release - it takes out most of the wrinkles, and you can even "press" creases into pants with your hands. I used it on 100% cotton capris and shirts, and they looked great afterwards.

On all lines pressing is pretty cheap and very good. I am going to follow the lead of others here and ask that you not bring an iron for the saftey of other passengers.

Most lines confiscate them. Some lines have them in Laundry Rooms along with an ironing board, not RCI or Carnival. (The skinny on the laundry rooms is they are more fireproof than other areas, that from a CC member who asked someone in engineering about it once on a cruise line that offers them. I cannot remember which one that was).

...... Some lines have them in Laundry Rooms along with an ironing board, not RCI or Carnival.

That is incorrect. Every Carnival ship has passenger laundry rooms, (as I said above)....washers, dryers, ironing boards, and irons.:)

...... Some lines have them in Laundry Rooms along with an ironing board, not RCI or Carnival.

That is incorrect. Every Carnival ship has passenger laundry rooms, (as I said above)....washers, dryers, ironing boards, and irons.:)

Well now you know how much luandry I do on vacation ;)

On some ships there are irons available (Princess, Holland American and Carnival that I know of) in the laundry room. Otherwise you can send things out to have them pressed, or set them in a steamy bathroom. Do not bring an iron it is against all ships rules and will be taken from you! Happy cruising.

I have found that if I iron my clothes, and then pack them with dry cleaner bags between layers, they do not wrinkle much. You can also hang the clothes in the bathroom when showering, and the humidity can help to take the wrinkles out. Downy Wrinkle release is great, as another poster stated, and the Caribbean humidity takes out the wrinkles. Lastly . . . . People don't really notice wrinkles!

Archived