Mobility issues at Port of Los Angeles

I'm hoping someone could help answer this question.  It's been a very long time since I cruised out of the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.  I'm travelling with my 95 yr old mom who can walk with a cane but can't walk that far.  Can anyone confirm if the bag drop-off is still relatively close to check-in/security?  I've requested a wheelchair for embarkation via the NCL access desk but it says you can pick it up after security and then I was hoping to go to the Lattitudes line with the wheelchair.  Any insight on Navigating check-in would be greatly appreciated....Michelle

I'd rent a wheelchair at home and arrive with Mom in it.  It's a big trip, made even bigger by your Mom's age and how many opportunities you'll have left to travel together.  In your mind, just add the expense on to your total cruise budget.  Be sure it's collapsible and you know how to do that.

10 hours ago, mfinster007 said:

Can anyone confirm if the bag drop-off is still relatively close to check-in/security?

I'd call security and check-in two separate things. Security is where they allow you in the terminal after baggage drop off. The port supplied a wheelchair and porter at the security checkpoint to get my mother to check-in. Once checked in, the port porter dropped us off near the ship gangway and (in our case) Princess supplied the wheelchair and attendant to get my mother on the ship.

We tipped each attendant/porter, I think it was $10 each.