Solo travellers unite - individually!

Celandine

Hello my fellow solo cruisers! I am officially on vacation until April 9th, unfortunately I do not have a cruise booked until May 2025, but I do have university course work to finish and I am going away to a mostly inclusive (all food and non alcoholic drinks) resort here in Ontario, Canada. 

I plan on taking pictures of food and menus (you know preparing for next May) any interest in seeing that? Plus I will include pictures of the lake. I am going for a scrapbooking retreat, so I won’t be spending much time outside (much needed creative time with other scrapbookers and a great view of the lake from our conference room). This has been my cruise replacement since 2022 twice a year, a weekend in the fall and spring, I love it, but am so ready for my next cruise! Only 420+ days left lol

23 hours ago, Celandine said:

I plan on taking pictures of food and menus (you know preparing for next May) any interest in seeing that?

Is it on a cruise? If not, might be a better fit for a different blog site?

On 4/2/2024 at 6:20 PM, kelliebiz said:

Is it on a cruise? If not, might be a better fit for a different blog site?

No, sadly, just a resort by the lake. 

I have seen some land vacation reviews scattered around this site before (especially while cruising was shut down) and I’m not on any other sites but I don’t need to post it, just thought I’d see if anyone who wanders into this thread was interested. 

18 hours ago, Celandine said:

No, sadly, just a resort by the lake. 

I have seen some land vacation reviews scattered around this site before (especially while cruising was shut down) and I’m not on any other sites but I don’t need to post it, just thought I’d see if anyone who wanders into this thread was interested. 

I actually would be interested in seeing pictures of the resort you mentioned. Given the ever-increasing cost of cruising (especially for solos), a lot of people are looking seriously at non-cruise vacation options. Although there are obvious differences between cruise ships and all-inclusive resorts, there are also similarities. I'd love to know your impressions of the resort, and how it compares to a typical cruise in terms of ambiance, socializing, and cost-effectiveness.

Jim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 11:15 AM, HBE4 said:

I just finished reading and enjoying your review of MSC Magnifica. Thank you for taking the time to do that.

Will you be doing a review of your Liberty sailing?  I'm contemplating doing my first solo cruise. Not necessarily on Liberty but she is a sentimental favorite of mine as she was both my first cruise as well as my last cruise. Just curious to see her thru the eyes of a solo cruiser.

Thank you! 😊 

I leave in 3 days for my solo on Liberty. I do plant to write a review, I’m still deciding whether to do a live or a review upon completion. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 12:28 PM, rrraydon said:

Thank you! 😊 

I leave in 3 days for my solo on Liberty. I do plant to write a review, I’m still deciding whether to do a live or a review upon completion. 

I also read your MSC report and enjoyed it very much. I love reading reports from other solo cruisers. Have a great cruise! Can't wait to read about it.

• Like 1