Yacht Club - Internet access - # of devices?

Toddcan

Seems to be some conflicting information on how many devices per person YC internet access gives us. I've seen reports here on CC that YC includes 2 devices per person (4 devices per double-stateroom).  And other's who report only 1.  Not sure if it's ship dependent, but we'll be on Meraviglia in March (first time - hence the question).  Has anyone actually tested 2 per person and had success?  

Page 5 of your booking confirmation if MSC booked and in US is per person, boldng and underlining is mine. You get two devices, once that device is registered to the WiFi account number on your cruise card you can't change the device. Log in your phone and tablet to that cruise card number you can't remove one and add a laptop. 

What we do is Mrs. Brighton signs in her cell phone and I use her card to sign in my work laptop. My card is my cellphone and the tablet we share. 

PRIVILEGES
- Dedicated priority check-in and check-out as well as priority departure and
return on excursion days
- 24-hour butler service and dedicated concierge
- Room Service available 24 hours
- Premium Extra Drink package in all ship areas including the mini bar in your
suite
- Browse Internet package (2 devices Unlimited Internet Package)
- Complimentary access to the Thermal Area in the MSC Aurea Spa
- Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe, and slippers)
- Pillow menu
- Other personal touches: luggage packing/unpacking service, newspaper
directly delivered in cabin on request
- MSC for Me wristband (where available)

• Thanks 1

Just off the Seascape (YC). 

Based on all of the wifi related posts, I fully expected to have to upgrade to the Streaming package once on board. 

To my surprise and delight, the standard package that is included with YC was perfectly fine for our needs. Granted, we never streamed movies or did video conference calls so maybe we didn't put as much of a demand on the system as others. 

Nevertheless, we were able to watch videos that were embedded within email and FB messages. We were able to listen to all manner of music and related material. 

As this was our first sailing on Seascape, this may or may not represent the fleetwide YC wifi experience.

This is just a single data point to consider.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My experience was that same as @Bgwest on Divina.  The WiFi is StarLink and I experienced some amazing speeds at times.  

I did have to use a VPN to het YouTube video’s but suspect that was more of a result of packet inspection and content blocking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2