thoughts on disabled cruising on Explorer

Just wanted to say we had a HC cabin on Explorer of the Seas and it was the best handicapped room we have ever had anywhere. Great job they did for us handicapped people. The whole ship was very handicapped accessible. We are already looking to sign up again very soon.

Thanks coffeecruiser!

We're thinking about Explorer or one of the Royal C. ships. Where did you go? Which cabin did you have? We have a scooter. Any problems for scooters or wheelchairs?

We cruised Royal C. once before we needed a handicapped cabin.

On our Hawaii Infinity cruise, we used the scooter for dining also. Our waiter had my husband drive it up to our table. The waiter then took it and parked it for him!! I think he just wanted to try it out!

The scooter really made a difference in our cruise!

7600 is a great port location!! We will have that location on our Baltic Constellation cruise. Had 7212 to Hawaii.

We will be going on the Explorer on the Nov 26th cruise. We have room 9553. Do you have any pictures of the rooms on this ship? Disney had wonderful handicapped rooms, but this is the first time on RCCL. Any suggestions or helpful hints?:)

Hi Retired,

Sorry I missed your post-had company!

Infinity 7212 is a handicapped stern balcony(gigantic) cabin. We have a scooter since my husband had a stroke and can't walk long distance. Started out with a wheelchair, but since he can't push it himself, the scooter has given him much more freedom (and I don't get worn out pushing!)

Archived