How early to book shore things (excursions) ?

corona_gorda

Bookings for my cruise's excursions are slated to open on March 2nd. Is there a set time at which these bookings appear on the app and can be booked ? Is it at a minute past midnight ? Is so, midnight at which time zone as my cruise is in Europe and we're in the east of Canada ?

Thanks ! 

Edited by corona_gorda

As far as I know, the time zone that reservations open will be US eastern time no matter where the cruise is sailing.  Usually reservations open up somewhere around midnight give or take 1/2 hr.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rebeccac said:

As far as I know, the time zone that reservations open will be US eastern time no matter where the cruise is sailing.  Usually reservations open up somewhere around midnight give or take 1/2 hr.  

I don't know if my cruise was a special case since it was one of the repositioning cruises, but the Shore Things bookings actually opened up a few hours before midnight EST for ours.  So results might vary.

Sometimes they show up early but say they are  sold out, so if you see them all sold out on the first evening, don't freak out.

I think it's pretty rare for any of them to sell out the first day (although not unheard of). They also sometimes add more options closer to the cruise. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, the_fh_mets said:

I think it's pretty rare for any of them to sell out the first day (although not unheard of). They also sometimes add more options closer to the cruise. 

In the case of excursions before our cruise, the main ones that filled up quickly were the expensive "low volume" ones, like a helicopter pub crawl (or really anything with a helicopter or plane).