Your World Magazine - revised

WESTEAST

Media release of 15 February announced that Oceania has a new/revised Your World magazine which will be sent to past and potential future guests, as well as to travel advisors this month. The magazine was developed through a new partnership with SANDOW. The latter half of the magazine features sailings from July to December 2024.  An online version is included in the release - link: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/jan_2024_your_world_mag us/.  Of interest, page 94 has the 2024 Voyage Calendar which in the past, we only received when onboard.  There will be three issues of the magazine: next in the summer and last one in the fall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Media release of 15 February announced that Oceania has a new/revised Your World magazine which will be sent to past and potential future guests, as well as to travel advisors this month. The magazine was developed through a new partnership with SANDOW. The latter half of the magazine features sailings from July to December 2024.  An online version is included in the release - link: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/emags/jan_2024_your_world_mag us/.  Of interest, page 94 has the 2024 Voyage Calendar which in the past, we only received when onboard.  There will be three issues of the magazine: next in the summer and last one in the fall.

Thank you! This just reinforces how much more we pay for the same cruises in the UK!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Thank you! This just reinforces how much more we pay for the same cruises in the UK!!

Uhh...  No. 

You pay the same for the *cruise*. 

The extra you pay is the mandatory BATA insurance.

10 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Uhh...  No. 

You pay the same for the *cruise*. 

The extra you pay is the mandatory BATA insurance.

Whichever way you look at it in ‘real’ terms it actually ‘costs’ more!

5 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Whichever way you look at it in ‘real’ terms it actually ‘costs’ more!

I would say this is due to the bundled pricing that includes an insurance policy along with the cruise. The cruise still cost the same, but the passenger is required to also purchase a travel insurance policy to cover cancellations.

I do see your point that it costs more to go on the cruise (UK residents), but I just think it is important for people to understand that nothing is free.

20 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I would say this is due to the bundled pricing that includes an insurance policy along with the cruise. The cruise still cost the same, but the passenger is required to also purchase a travel insurance policy to cover cancellations.

I do see your point that it costs more to go on the cruise (UK residents), but I just think it is important for people to understand that nothing is free.

The extra isn't for ‘travel insurance per se. We take out travel insurance against cancellation etc. I have a feeling it’s for ‘insurance’ for cover if the TA or company ie Oceania go bust. ABTA/ATOL insurance.

I know somebody will jump on here and correct me. I probably don’t have that exactly right!

20 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

The extra isn't for ‘travel insurance per se. We take out travel insurance against cancellation etc. I have a feeling it’s for ‘insurance’ for cover if the TA or company ie Oceania go bust. ABTA/ATOL insurance.

I know somebody will jump on here and correct me. I probably don’t have that exactly right!

Everything I’ve read here tells me that UK residents have a legal right to a cash refund if and when an itinerary is changed significantly. So, it operates as a travel insurance policy for cancellations made by the cruise line.

9 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Everything I’ve read here tells me that UK residents have a legal right to a cash refund if and when an itinerary is changed significantly. So, it operates as a travel insurance policy for cancellations made by the cruise line.

I’m not sure that ‘everything you’ve read here’ is accurate. I’m not sure that there’s a legal right  to cash back if an itinerary is changed significantly because we still agree to the cruise lines T&Cs.

So it’s not ‘travel insurance’ per se. ABTA/ATOL do assist the consumer in the case of the bankruptcy of a cruise line etc. and of course that needs to be paid for so I’m sure there is a levy on the consumer. This is a non negotiable ‘levy’.  However, if I need to cancel a trip then I need my own insurance on top of any ‘mandatory’ amount built into the total cruise price.

I did not include in my description any insurance coverage if the passenger would like to cancel. However, not being an expert on this topic, I will rely on our UK posters to educate us all.