Getting around Aruba, DIRECTIONS

RN7997

A group of us plan on renting jeeps on our own and exploring Aruba. Is there a driving guide somewhere that outlines how to get to the highlights of the island??? Online, once there, where???

Also does anyone know a rental or internet company that will give discounts if renting 8+ jeeps???

We did the same thing -- rented a 4 x 4 and drove the entire island with our daughter. It was awesome. Don't know about the discounts though. We rented right at the pier.

What I did was get ahold of a good map - all of the highlights on are the map. Check on line. We started at the port, drove to a Coastal store and bought a styrofoam cooler (to throw away), ice and some water. We then drove North to Malmock Beach and drove the along the edge of the island. After we got to the Gold Smelter and the Natural Bridge, we needed to head inland and find the road for the Natural Pool. If you decide to try to get to the Natural Pool, which I HIGHLY recommend, you need a lift kit on the Jeep. A car cannot make it - I'm not sure if a regular sitting Jeep could or not as you are not really driving on a road. It was the highlight of our trip.

If you want anymore info, let me know. I usually save all of my maps and info.

Robin

I am also considering renting a jeep during our stay in Aruba in November, perhaps you can answer some of my questions?

Can you recommend some online sites for the jeep rental?

What can I expect to pay to rent on for the day?

Thank-you everyone for your advice.

It has been 2 years since my cruise to Aruba. We didn't reserve ahead of time. When we got off the ship there were booths lined up for car rentals so we just chose one and went. We had 6 people so we needed something a little bigger and ended up with a minivan that did just fine on all the bumpy roads. I think it was $80-90 for the day (not bad when split 6 ways). We had to have it back by 6pm.

hope this helps

Archived