Le Havre as the final port and transfer to Paris

FWIW our TA just found out that NCL offers a pre-night stay at the Canopy by Hilton for $455 per person.  This includes a transfer from hotel to ship the following day but does not include the transfer from the airport to hotel. For us we'll be taking a 30-minute taxi ride from the airport to the hotel. Yay!

So unless the bus is pulling into the baggage claim, 😉 which I highly doubt, I am sure that the representative will be walking the passengers to an area to catch the bus.  I would ask again. Also I know that there are trains that go from Paris to La Havre as some of the passengers on my Getaway TA independently took the direct train to Paris. You would need a short taxi ride from the train station to port. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bedfordmom said:

So unless the bus is pulling into the baggage claim, 😉 which I highly doubt, I am sure that the representative will be walking the passengers to an area to catch the bus.  I would ask again. Also I know that there are trains that go from Paris to La Havre as some of the passengers on my Getaway TA independently took the direct train to Paris. You would need a short taxi ride from the train station to port. 

Thanks! Unfortunately, our issue is we're in our early 70s and not really good anymore at dealing with stressful situations when we can spend a few extra $$$ to avoid it.

Your first option of walking over to outside the CDG baggage claim area in an attempt to flag down the NCL rep on the way to the transfer bus, especially when NCL wouldn't pre-book our transfer, would definitely be very stressful, especially since we wouldn't know exactly what time they were leaving.

With regards to the train transfer. We are going to have 2 large suitcases plus a carry-on. How would that work? We could put them in the taxi. No problem. But what happens when we get to the train station? How do we get the bags up the railcar steps when boarding the train and where would we put them once we were on the train? Then once we got to Le Havre, we would have to get the bags off the train, then haul them over to a taxi stand to go to the pier. Again, too much stress for us old folks.

Thankfully, our TA found us a workable solution today that I mentioned at post #27, which worked out to be much cheaper than booking a room at the airport hotel and a private car to take us to Le Havre the following morning. Funny thing was when we called NCL yesterday, they made no mention of this option.