Solo get togethers only for solo travellers?

FangedRose

3 hours ago, kelib said:

I am finding between Cruise Critic and social media pages that people/solos start communicating prior to the cruise. On one cruise (right after Covid) about  5 of us met up for lunch and then cocktails prior to the solo meeting. We were all solo even though we walked in together. I have also met solos who are staying at the same hotel pre cruise, share transports to terminal then go to solo meetup together. 

I met my friend as we boarded a plane in Reykjavik. We hung out in the hot tub before the first solo meet up. My next TA I’m spending the night before with a cruise friend who I call my “cruise husband”. We both consider ourselves solo but we have been known to enjoy each others company on a cruise.

Im all for whoever self identifies as a solo wether traveling alone or being single or both being welcome at the mixers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I often will arrange a specialty restaurant dinner for a group on my cruises and post an invite on CC or social.  While I identify myself as a solo, I absolutely do not restrict this to solos only and am happy to have both couples and solos respond.  The more the merrier, IMHO.  I recently had another solo find that idea of a friendly dinner with couples abhorrent and she only wanted to meet or mingle with other solos.  To each his own, I guess. 

To the OP, I would not be bothered at all by anyone who felt compelled to, attending a solo meet-up.   

• Like 1