NCL Escape Jun 23 AND July 3

Greetings. I am looking to make the most of two days in Barcelona on June 21st and 22nd. Of course, we'll see the Gaudi church, the beach, maybe the Zoo. Is there anything that may be a hidden gem?

1 hour ago, VivaciousVivy said:

Greetings. I am looking to make the most of two days in Barcelona on June 21st and 22nd. Of course, we'll see the Gaudi church, the beach, maybe the Zoo. Is there anything that may be a hidden gem?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Lots of info on Barcelona here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/465-spain-ports/

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 6:08 PM, VivaciousVivy said:

am looking to make the most of two days in Barcelona on June 21st and 22nd. Of course, we'll see the Gaudi church, the beach, maybe the Zoo. Is there anything that may be a hidden gem?

Barcelona is a well trodden path with millions of visitors every year,meaning there is most likely  very little of the city which has remained " a hidden gem", so good luck with that question.

But there is SO MUCH MORE to the city than the small number of sights you listed and you want to spend your time seeing and doing the sights/attractions which are of most interest to you personally and there are a vast number to choose from.

In order to do that, you need to read, read and read even more, beginning with the official Barcelona Tourist Information website, and others which appear when you google "Barcelona sightseeing" or similar, also Tripadvisor, YouTube, guide books, and websites such as Rick Steves, Fromer's,  Fodors, Lonely Planet etc. Google really is your best friend.  And of course the boards here on CC  There are many many past threads about Barcelona, a quick search produced the following from which you can choose which to read. And also google "self guided free walking tours of Barcelona"

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=barcelona&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

It is an amazing city, enjoy.

Edited by edinburgher

On 3/3/2024 at 7:08 PM, VivaciousVivy said:

Hello @VivaciousVivy

Just as a tip. Barcelona zoo isn't as great as you can imagine. I have been several times but it is not London zoo at all (but it is not small. I am just suprised about zoo proposal but obviously it can be a day visit).

Let me make you some suggestions. You will need a lot of time to complete them

Gothic quarter (and Born quarter). Maybe the most known in Barcelona centre

Montjuic mountain. A really hidden gem in Barcelona

And.... I invite you to move by train to a day visit to Zaragoza