Ketchikan, AK

Hi everyone!

Still me...Going on a B2B Princess Alaska cruise at the end of May...We will be in Ketchikan twice. The first time we will dock at 6:00 and leave at 2:00 pm. The second time we will be in Ketchikan at 10:00 a.m. and leave at 6:00 pm. I was thinking of doing the Misty Fjords cruise on our return stop because it will be early June (slightly warmer on the water), plus the Misty Fjord cruise will leave at 12:30 pm. At the first stop, the Misty cruise leaves at 8:00 am, which seems a bit too early. I am afraid that animals will be still asleep (like us 🙂 ) and there is a better chance of fog. On our first stop (6:00 am to 2:00 pm), I was thinking about getting on the Silver Line and going to Bight Totem State Park, then stopping in town and walking town, then going to Creek Street, and IF we have time to call Uber and go to Magical Old-Growth Creek Trail and Trek a bit. Then call Uber again and go back to the ship. Do you think it is doable? Too much? Any idea if it is better to do the Misty Fjords early in the morning or early afternoon instead? Thank you!!

You probably should look at the ports forum.

To go to Totem Park simply walk across the street and take the city bus.  Was $2 R/T and seniors free.

Misty Fjords is a crap shoot weather wise.  Want to see wildlife?  Early morning and sunset are best.  Midday you likely will see none.

As for fog, it is not a white wall but misty.  Adds to the atmosphere.   Have driven a fishing boat there probably 50 times.  Maybe clear and sunny 3 or 4 and definitely no wildlife those days.

You also can take a nice walk to the old red light area.  Neat houses.  The logging show is . .  . touristy.

Enjoy.

15 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You probably should look at the ports forum.

To go to Totem Park simply walk across the street and take the city bus.  Was $2 R/T and seniors free.

Misty Fjords is a crap shoot weather wise.  Want to see wildlife?  Early morning and sunset are best.  Midday you likely will see none.

As for fog, it is not a white wall but misty.  Adds to the atmosphere.   Have driven a fishing boat there probably 50 times.  Maybe clear and sunny 3 or 4 and definitely no wildlife those days.

You also can take a nice walk to the old red light area.  Neat houses.  The logging show is . .  . touristy.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much. Then we will take the Misty Fjords cruise on our first stop since it leaves at 7:30 am. Also, I already thought to take the bus for Bight Totem Park and see Creek Street (Red Light District), I was just wondering if the Old Growth Trail is too much because the headtrail is approx 20 minutes by car from the port. But thank you, the insight about the wildlife is very much appreciated.