Couple of questions about Malta

We have a couple of full days on Malta before our cruise starts and would really appreciate input on a couple of things:

- What's the best way to get from the airport (MLA) to hotels in the central part of Valletta (the old part of the city)? I know it is a short ride but I'm wondering if anyone has used a car service that they recommend or if it is best to get a taxi or Uber.

- Any suggestions on hotels? We are booked right now at the Cumberland Hotel in Valletta but would appreciate any feedback from others who have stayed there as well as suggestions for other hotels if there is something that has been a really good experience for you.

Thanks in advance for your input!

On 3/5/2024 at 12:39 PM, Carnevale said:

We have a couple of full days on Malta before our cruise starts and would really appreciate input on a couple of things:

- What's the best way to get from the airport (MLA) to hotels in the central part of Valletta (the old part of the city)? I know it is a short ride but I'm wondering if anyone has used a car service that they recommend or if it is best to get a taxi or Uber.

- Any suggestions on hotels? We are booked right now at the Cumberland Hotel in Valletta but would appreciate any feedback from others who have stayed there as well as suggestions for other hotels if there is something that has been a really good experience for you.

Thanks in advance for your input!

We had 4-nights here last June and it was excellent - https://www.ikcollection.com/palazzoconsiglia/

It's right in the heart of Valetta. 

We just got a taxi from the airport to the Hotel. It's cheap and easy. Was very easy to just get one at the airport once we got off the plane. 

Malta is a cool wee place. Loved it there!

• Thanks 1