Hard of Haring

Shame on RC.  The Icon of the Seas has the same old Assistive Listening Devices that they've used forever and doesn't work. 

Thought they might have eglasses or something better than the Infared system.

Anyone had any success on any ship with ALD's? 

I lost my hearing nine years ago and have a cochlear implant. I find that after so long a time and the trouble with tinnitus that I've learned to embrace the quiet. I travel with my DW and if I need any help I simply have her repeat and then I rely on lip reading. I know this doesn't address your trouble, but it was very liberating for me when I discovered that for the most part I didn't need to hear the nonsense going on around me. I still attend shows with my DW, but I go for her company, and not the audio. Some visually themed shows are still entertaining, but the singing, music or comics are not getting through to me. 

I hope you find some help from RC, or whomever you sail with. 

Best wishes

P.S. I will on rare occasions wear the cochlear device if I have a doctor's appointment, or need to meet with an attorney. Otherwise I've managed just fine. The most common issue is when I tell someone that they need to face me while speaking because I need to lip read to communicate, but invariably they continue talking while turning away, or turning their back to me, or leave the room. At that point I assume it wasn't that important 🤔

I don't go on non-captioned cruise because I miss the laughter.  The comic in the shows and the interaction with the audience are so much fun and not hearing that makes me sad.