Iona Keel and Cow bookings

Hi. Iona cruse coming up to celebrate big birthday. DH and I had a very embarrassing and nasty experience in Epicurean on our last visit  and in consequence cannot face the thought of another meal there. We have decided that, amongst many other treats to celebrate, we would try the Keel and Cow for a quick steak and celebratory drinks to mark the day. If I want to book say 8.15 p.m. and not use the App is it possible to visit /ring during the day to make the booking or is this discouraged / not possible? 

Keel & Cow is one of the restaurants for which you are encouraged to enter the virtual queue through the My Holiday app/non-app, which for the evening service opens at 17:30.  However, there are folk that refuse to embrace the technology, and choose other methods to get a table. To the best of my knowledge, they don't take fixed bookings. 

If you visit the podium during the lunch service on the day itself, and tell the restaurant host of your birthday plans, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for them to hold a table for you.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:39 PM, TigerB said:

Keel & Cow is one of the restaurants for which you are encouraged to enter the virtual queue through the My Holiday app/non-app, which for the evening service opens at 17:30.  However, there are folk that refuse to embrace the technology, and choose other methods to get a table. To the best of my knowledge, they don't take fixed bookings. 

If you visit the podium during the lunch service on the day itself, and tell the restaurant host of your birthday plans, I'm sure it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience for them to hold a table for you.

The Keel and Cow can have an ‘eating in a corridor’ feel in that it’s not an intimate environment and can be spoilt by noise from the atrium etc. 

13 hours ago, TigerB said:

Yes, you're quite right @devonuk, and it's certainly not my favourite venue.  That said, the MDRs on the two larger ships can also be really noisy as times.

Absolutely, which is why we only ever use the Opal or Aqua. 

As do we now, well Opal more than Aqua, only for dinner.  Aqua has more rows of two-seaters that are really easy to get to for a wheelchair so, for us that's a no-no.  We're not as fussy at breakfast.