Book tour in advance?

Our group of four adults wanted to take Godfrey's Siteseeing and Beach Tour (~5hrs, $40/pp) on Apr6, since we want to see a few island highlights (~2hrs) and then go to Magen's Bay. Their tour starts at 11:30am. Our cruise ship is there from 8am-5pm, so would prefer an earlier start to the tour. Is there a good alternate for a tour other than Godfrey's? Should we just get off the ship and go with whoever is there? And then find our way to the Magen's Bay after?

I saw this driver in a cruiser's YouTube video a few months ago, and added him to my contacts. I thought he was really good on the video.

Ivan is his name. Phone number on his taxi was 340 643 6963.

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 11:57 AM, Ms411 said:

Ivan is his name.

I called Ivan and he's not available that day. If anyone else has thoughts, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Google "taxi Hezekiah st thomas". He's on Twitter and I'm not so I can't access his contact. I saw him giving a tour and had his card but can't find it now. He caught my attention because he has a very outgoing personality. 

Will post more numbers from my old phone later today. Hezekiah's number is one of the numbers in my old phone.

Hezekiah is on Twitter, but can't message him, so let me know if you could find a number. Godfrey takes tours through Viator, and I would rather avoid that, but that will be my backup plan.

I was wondering if some had transitioned to Viator and other online third parties. That way they don't have the hassle and expense of creating and maintaining their own website, but I prefer to book directly with tour guide, too. 

I am waiting for him to respond to my message. He does military duty with National Guard or something, so may not be on island now.

More info tomorrow, Saturday!

• Like 1

Hezekiah responded. He's on a military assignment for 2 weeks, but can be reached at 340 201 5180. 

But I will still post other numbers tomorrow, Saturday.

• Thanks 1