My goodness, are the beds on the Grandeur that bad

REGINA

We are taking our first RCCL cruise after 5 on Carnival. Never had any complaints about the beds on Carnival and that was before they begain replacing their beds.

My husband has serious back trouble and I am getting really worried. I emailed the spec needs group at RCCL but never heard back, only got a confirmation that they received my message (requesting egg crate).

So, are they really that bad???

I've never had an issue with them and I don't ask for an eggcrate. I sleep better on a cruise than I do at home. They're pretty hard but not uncomfortably so for me or DH (and he is VERY picky about beds!). Isn't hard good for a bad back?

I have seen lots of complaints on the boards. I find them comfortable enough but they are definitely not soft and fluffy if that's what you're looking for.

ETA: I've never been on Grandeur but of the 2 RCCL ships I've been on the beds were pretty much the same.

I prefer a firm matress, which is what I found them to be on the Grandeur two weeks ago. I only had a slight complaint and that was that the room was a little too cold at times - easily remedied though.

just returned 3/16. Beds were real Beautyrest mattresses - great sleeping!

Just off the Grandeur, lucky you to be sailing on her.

YES,THEY HAVE FULL THICKNESS MATTRESSES! AND THEY WERE WONDERFUL. NOT A BACKACHE THE ENTIRE CRUISE.

Don't worry!

Archived